GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I'm buying an iMac"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 12/10/03 at 22:24
Regular
"Twenty quid."
I've fianlly got round to saving enough cash to buy myself a nice, shiny iMac. I could afford a G5 but would never use it to it's potential so I thought I go for the middle of the road.

I was wondering if any of you guys have used or do use an iMac or any Mac with OSX on? Is there anything you can't do that you can on a PC? Apart from reboot, that is ...

While we're at it, can anyone recommend a Mac alternative to FrontPage Express?

Cheers in advance.
Sun 19/10/03 at 18:09
Well argued Tribute.
Sun 19/10/03 at 15:16
Regular
"Master Chef - halo"
I've used a mac since I started with computers(when I was four years old) and I'm talking to you now with the same machine!
Sun 19/10/03 at 15:07
Regular
"Master Chef - halo"
G3 reliable.
Sun 19/10/03 at 15:05
"I love yo... lamp."
I'm not sure to be honest. We were never very good at keeping in touch. I know he had left by 2000 though.
Sun 19/10/03 at 15:01
Regular
"Master Chef - halo"
Notorious Biggles wrote:
> You know Macs were ultra reliable for many years. However, Scott, a
> distant cousin of mine who worked in the Apple OS department, left.
>
> I'm not saying there's a connection or anything. But I might invent a
> conspiracy theory around it.

Big coincidence...

Was he there when the G3 came out?(I have a G3)
Sun 19/10/03 at 15:00
Regular
"Master Chef - halo"
unknown kernel wrote:
> I read somewhere that Macs only have one mouse button: is that true?
> If so, it would drive me absolutely insane.

No , they have about 5 mouse keys-the only difference is that they are on the keyboard

>
> On the other hand, they do look cool.

:-D
Sat 18/10/03 at 14:26
"I love yo... lamp."
You know Macs were ultra reliable for many years. However, Scott, a distant cousin of mine who worked in the Apple OS department, left.

I'm not saying there's a connection or anything. But I might invent a conspiracy theory around it.
Sat 18/10/03 at 12:58
Regular
"You've upset me"
Notorious Biggles wrote:
> I really don't know what you lot have done to your Macs, but sorry
> you've had so much trouble with them. I never have.

Meh, blame it on OS 9.2. It really sucked, when it worked well it was lovely, but it had times when it would lock up for upwards of 5 mins when simply doing something like Word...

But never had a proper problem with OSX, which I like :-)
Sat 18/10/03 at 11:50
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Notorious Biggles wrote:
> I'm sure you'll love it Timmargh, but the points about playing games
> and doing non standard stuff is however true.

Cheers. I'm looking forward to a change and having to learn some new tricks - and I'll let the rest of you doubters (Turbonutter etc.) know how I get on.
Fri 17/10/03 at 21:03
"I love yo... lamp."
Some of you have had problems with Macs?!

Mine never crashes... Sorry it did once. But that was because I loaded a virus to see how well my antivirus software was working. Yeah that was one of the stupidest things ever to do.

A photographer friend of mine swears by them. He's used so many set ups, Mac and PC for his work (photography mainly, some video editing) and says that you can't get better than a Mac.

If it wasn't for the fact that I like to play some games and generally tinkering with my PC, I would use a Mac for surfing and word processing etc.

Algy also swears by his iBook.

I really don't know what you lot have done to your Macs, but sorry you've had so much trouble with them. I never have.

I'm sure you'll love it Timmargh, but the points about playing games and doing non standard stuff is however trud.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.