GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Digidal Camera - I want to buy one..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 12/10/03 at 13:07
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Looking at getting a digital camera, I don't want to spend too much on some super amazing thingy, but I don't want something cheap and nasty...

I'm looking to spend about £150 on it as it will be a christmas/birthday present.

Now I've had a look, and there are LOADS of them, all over the place and I haven't got a clue what to get.

I want one with a large memory because I'll be taking it on holiday and it will have to last a week of piccies without filling up too, but I want it to be small so that it can fit into my coat. Also making it indestructable would be helpful as I'll be taking it skiing and I'm bound to end up nearly killing myself with it in my pocket!

I just want any general ideas at the moment as to what I should get/avoid and if people have any they would recommend, I'll decide nearer the time...

Thanks.
Sun 12/10/03 at 22:18
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Just ordered a Sony DSC-P72 from Amazon for my 21st birthday present. Its 3.2 MP and from reviews seems to be a good camera. My friend has the P71 which is the predessor to this one.

Also they do a DSC-P51 which is £155. Its 3.2 MP the same as the P72 but has a 2x Optical zoom instead of the 3x on the P72. Think you can get a decent amount of pictures on a big card but you only get 16mb with the camera. On top resolution at best quality you get 10 pics on the 16mb, but at say 1280x960 on standard quality you get over 40 on a 16mb. You can get a 128mb card but there £45 for a Sony one.
Sun 12/10/03 at 17:11
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
The camera i was talking about was by jenoptik i think.
Sun 12/10/03 at 17:07
Regular
The FujiFilm FinePix camera is a very good digi cam, has videos too, which is usefull.
Sun 12/10/03 at 17:04
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Yes NiMH is the future.

On another note I have a 3.1MP camera but I hardly ever, ever take pictures above 1.2MP.
Sun 12/10/03 at 16:35
Regular
Turbonutter wrote:
> DON'T buy low quality cameras. A 2MP camera from a decent manufacturer
> is infinitely better than a 4MP camera from someone you've never
> heard of.

Yeh i have a 2MP, Finepix 140 quid..
Its about 100 quid in argos now, with expandable memory!

And if your going to use the camera alot, i would suggest buying a battery charger!
Sun 12/10/03 at 16:28
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
DON'T buy low quality cameras. A 2MP camera from a decent manufacturer is infinitely better than a 4MP camera from someone you've never heard of.
Sun 12/10/03 at 13:33
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
There was one in Dixons that was 4 million pixels and around that price range. Might be worth a look.
Sun 12/10/03 at 13:07
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Looking at getting a digital camera, I don't want to spend too much on some super amazing thingy, but I don't want something cheap and nasty...

I'm looking to spend about £150 on it as it will be a christmas/birthday present.

Now I've had a look, and there are LOADS of them, all over the place and I haven't got a clue what to get.

I want one with a large memory because I'll be taking it on holiday and it will have to last a week of piccies without filling up too, but I want it to be small so that it can fit into my coat. Also making it indestructable would be helpful as I'll be taking it skiing and I'm bound to end up nearly killing myself with it in my pocket!

I just want any general ideas at the moment as to what I should get/avoid and if people have any they would recommend, I'll decide nearer the time...

Thanks.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.