GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Digidal Camera - I want to buy one..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 12/10/03 at 13:07
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Looking at getting a digital camera, I don't want to spend too much on some super amazing thingy, but I don't want something cheap and nasty...

I'm looking to spend about £150 on it as it will be a christmas/birthday present.

Now I've had a look, and there are LOADS of them, all over the place and I haven't got a clue what to get.

I want one with a large memory because I'll be taking it on holiday and it will have to last a week of piccies without filling up too, but I want it to be small so that it can fit into my coat. Also making it indestructable would be helpful as I'll be taking it skiing and I'm bound to end up nearly killing myself with it in my pocket!

I just want any general ideas at the moment as to what I should get/avoid and if people have any they would recommend, I'll decide nearer the time...

Thanks.
Mon 24/11/03 at 14:02
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
It's got a switch on it to change sectors.

It's still good though.
Fri 21/11/03 at 23:38
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
phi11ip wrote:
> Shame the memory card is two 128MB slots instead of one 256 one, I
> have to do two 5:50 slots of recording instead of one longer one...

Its dual sided? Looking at it they always put 2x128Mb. What about the Pro sticks there single sided I think.
Fri 21/11/03 at 12:57
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Amazon didn't give me the carry case because I missed the offer.

I told them that I may have well have just bought another camera and claimed the carry case, then sent the first one back under the 'no quibbles' guarentee. It would be cheaper than buying the case and would just be hassle.

They sent the case out to me the next day!

Anyway, that case is no way worth £17 or whatever it is, it's Sony being a bunch of tight-a*ses. Gald it's free though, and the recording function is pretty good.

Shame the memory card is two 128MB slots instead of one 256 one, I have to do two 5:50 slots of recording instead of one longer one...
Mon 03/11/03 at 23:06
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
So far Amazon have 10 out of 10 for their customer service.

Got straight through, explained to them that I was a pillock and they're looking into getting it sent out to me.

How good is that!?!?
Sun 02/11/03 at 21:00
Regular
Thanks
Sun 02/11/03 at 16:58
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Joe Dark wrote:
> What's the difference between optical zoom and digital zoom?

Optical zoom zooms properly so you get a larger area of the image without losing definition.

Digital zooms merely scales up the image in software with a resampling algorithm so you get a smooth result but with no more definition than the original picture.

Optical zoom is good.
Digital zoom is ballcrust.
Sat 01/11/03 at 23:41
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Yeah the case is ok. Not worth the money for it though but considing its free then its a good case :). It has a front compartment which can probably store a set of batteries, but is just right for a extra memory stick or 2. Camera fits nicely in the case as well and it seems to have a little bit of padding as well, so small knocks hopefully wont damage the camera inside.
Sat 01/11/03 at 22:29
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Found a number but it's only open on Mon-Fri.

The offer ends tomorrow!

I'll ring them and blag my way through it on Mon. I need that case!
Sat 01/11/03 at 22:26
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Oh, *£&$*£$ $*£&!!

I didn't claim that carry case! Just seen how to now! I want to ring them and find out but they've got no contact numbers...

£17.99 they cost too!

^$£$!

P*ssed off now.
Sat 01/11/03 at 21:36
Regular
What's the difference between optical zoom and digital zoom?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.