GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"England going to Portugal"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 12/10/03 at 13:00
Regular
"rooooooooooooney"
It's not looking too bad, is it?

We're ranked 6th in the world.
We're fourth favourites (behind France, Italy & Portugal) to win Euro 2004.
We have arguably one of the world's best defences, a solid midfield, some very promising strikers and David James does his job very well.
England haven't lost to a European country in a competitive match under Sven.

So, will we crash out at the first hurdle like in Euro 2000 or make our first ever European final?
Sun 12/10/03 at 20:30
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Good prediction, but never rule out the Krauts.

Then again, they were only second in the World Cup because of a lucky draw...
Sun 12/10/03 at 20:38
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
That was a year ago.

If you can only draw away to Scotland and then only win by one goal at home then you're simply not very good.

:-D
Sun 12/10/03 at 21:12
Regular
ThisIsAFunnyName wrote:

> CM4 is supposed to be the most realistic management game, isn't it?
> Have any other CM4 gamers noticed there's a sort of English dominance
> in European club football aswell?

Its probably becasue you are only playing the english league. Have all the leagues running and it will be a different story.
Sun 12/10/03 at 21:44
Regular
"rooooooooooooney"
Don or†ega wrote:
> Its probably becasue you are only playing the english league. Have
> all the leagues running and it will be a different story.

How long would the game take to load on even a fast computer with EVERY background league running??? Has any normal human being done that? I had the Scottish league aswell once and it took AGES.
Sun 12/10/03 at 22:02
Regular
It would take a long time, but its the only way its gonna be realistic.

It shouldnt be too long b4 we get fast enough processers to run loads of leagues on for CM4. I remember when CM3 first came out running it on my 166mhz PC! It was stupidily slow even with one league!
Sun 12/10/03 at 22:05
Regular
"rooooooooooooney"
Which leagues did you run that made it more realistic?
Sun 12/10/03 at 22:06
Regular
"rooooooooooooney"
Or are you just guessing that and haven't actually tried it
Sun 12/10/03 at 22:07
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
ThisIsAFunnyName wrote:

How long would the game take to load on even a fast computer with EVERY background league running???
---------------

I tried doing that.

After 2 straight hours, I stopped it, and played only the English League.
Mon 13/10/03 at 09:23
What's all this chat about Holland?

Are we talking about the same Holland that failed to qualify for the World Cup? The same Holland that whinged and cried about not making it into a major international competition finals? The same Holland that, again, have failed to manage automatic qualification, and could still find themselves watching Euro2004 from their TV sets at home?

Isn't it about time that people realised that Dutch football is not the force it once was? They have a number of excellent players, but they're obviously not making a particularly formidable team.
Mon 13/10/03 at 09:41
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
lnsane Bartender wrote:
> Isn't it about time that people realised that Dutch football is not
> the force it once was? They have a number of excellent players, but
> they're obviously not making a particularly formidable team.

Holland remind me of England 2/3 years ago - decent players, poor management team and negative style of play.

They really need someone to give them a kick up their backside and make them into a decent footballing side again.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.