GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"An attempt to start an interesting discussion"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 11/10/03 at 14:21
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Okay, here's the deal:

You can bring one person back from the dead.
You can kill any living person on the planet.

The entire world would be informed of your decisions.

Go for it.

Do you pick a lost family member making yourself happy but risk being seen as slightly selfish? Or do you pick someone the entire world would like to see back? Someone in power? An entertainer - Elvis, or John Lennon perhaps? This person would be restored in the state they were in when they died, so they wouldn't have aged at all.

And who would you kill? Saddam Hussein? George Bush? Justin Timberlake? Remember, just because you deem someone 'evil' doesn't mean everyone else does. Removing Saddam Hussein could cause an international uproar. Killing George Bush would no doubt cause a few raised eyebrows. Timberlake's demise would ensure you never ever got laid ever again. Perhaps not as easy as it sounds.

So - one resurrected, one put in the ground.

Who is it to be?
Mon 13/10/03 at 11:53
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Belldandy wrote:
> Light wrote:
> I'd kill...Ann Coulter; I mean really, do people actually take her
> seriously?!
>
> Ah yes, nothing like killing off the opposition is there ? I mean we
> wouldn't want someone to live who has essentially ripped apart and
> ridiculed some great genius like Michael Moore, would we ?

So did you have to have surgery to remove your sense of humour, or does behaving like a prissy virgin come naturally to you?
Mon 13/10/03 at 13:54
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
I wouldn't bring anyone back to have to face todays' society.

I would kill my husband as he wants to die before me and this way would propably be the only way I could guarantee this.
Mon 13/10/03 at 14:02
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Bring back – Jesus Christ. To get his views on the current state of organised religion, and to see just how much his original message has been corrupted.

Kill – No-one. I couldn’t live with myself knowing I’m directly responsible for taking someone’s life, no matter how much pain and suffering they cause in the world.
Mon 13/10/03 at 14:11
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Not even anon?
Mon 13/10/03 at 14:13
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Kill - Gary Glitter. Why? He managed to get kicked out of Thailand - an act more depraved and mystifying than Channel 4 bringing Big Brother back for another series.

Resurrect - Hitler. So he can confirm that Glitter went to Hell, and so that he can stand trial for his crimes. Then he can fry. Again.
Mon 13/10/03 at 14:16
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Goatboy wrote:
> Not even anon?

Tempting, tempting, but to kill someone without even seeing them? Nahhhh. I'd personally like to meet him face to face, or 16 eyelet Doc Martin repeatedly to face as the case would probably be. :)

Oh, bought Solaris yesterday (my first DVD!) Lets hope its as good as the screenplay (I only mention it as I know you have it.)

Not looking forward to Cloonies ass though, as the Girlf has a sweet spot for him. Bwhahahahahahaha.
Mon 13/10/03 at 14:17
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
monkey_man wrote:

> Resurrect - Hitler. So he can confirm that Glitter went to Hell, and
> so that he can stand trial for his crimes. Then he can fry. Again.

Bwahahahhaha. Nice train of thought there. I'm impressed!
Mon 13/10/03 at 14:18
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Very difficult, this one. Do you kill off a high political figure whose effects are not beneficial, and risk not solving anything (or the damage may already have been done, so in effect the decision is uselss), or do you pick some kind of celebrity who for some reason you just don't like and think you could've actually done something with it? Good job it's not real.

Right now I'm thinking kill off Mugabe, bring back Ghandi....or Bonham.
Mon 13/10/03 at 14:20
Regular
"Taste My Pain"
Pandemonium wrote:
> Oh, bought Solaris yesterday (my first DVD!) Lets hope its as good as
> the screenplay (I only mention it as I know you have it.)

Unlucky. That film is incredibly dire.
Mon 13/10/03 at 14:24
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Insane ßartender wrote:
> Pandemonium wrote:
> Oh, bought Solaris yesterday (my first DVD!) Lets hope its as good
> as
> the screenplay (I only mention it as I know you have it.)
>
>
> Unlucky. That film is incredibly dire.

Hmmm, well I thought the screenplay was marvellous. A serious SF exploring what it is to love, and the implications of memory, focusing on how you remember someone. Far, far more thought provoking that Matrix etc.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.