GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"An attempt to start an interesting discussion"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 11/10/03 at 14:21
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Okay, here's the deal:

You can bring one person back from the dead.
You can kill any living person on the planet.

The entire world would be informed of your decisions.

Go for it.

Do you pick a lost family member making yourself happy but risk being seen as slightly selfish? Or do you pick someone the entire world would like to see back? Someone in power? An entertainer - Elvis, or John Lennon perhaps? This person would be restored in the state they were in when they died, so they wouldn't have aged at all.

And who would you kill? Saddam Hussein? George Bush? Justin Timberlake? Remember, just because you deem someone 'evil' doesn't mean everyone else does. Removing Saddam Hussein could cause an international uproar. Killing George Bush would no doubt cause a few raised eyebrows. Timberlake's demise would ensure you never ever got laid ever again. Perhaps not as easy as it sounds.

So - one resurrected, one put in the ground.

Who is it to be?
Sat 11/10/03 at 14:21
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Okay, here's the deal:

You can bring one person back from the dead.
You can kill any living person on the planet.

The entire world would be informed of your decisions.

Go for it.

Do you pick a lost family member making yourself happy but risk being seen as slightly selfish? Or do you pick someone the entire world would like to see back? Someone in power? An entertainer - Elvis, or John Lennon perhaps? This person would be restored in the state they were in when they died, so they wouldn't have aged at all.

And who would you kill? Saddam Hussein? George Bush? Justin Timberlake? Remember, just because you deem someone 'evil' doesn't mean everyone else does. Removing Saddam Hussein could cause an international uproar. Killing George Bush would no doubt cause a few raised eyebrows. Timberlake's demise would ensure you never ever got laid ever again. Perhaps not as easy as it sounds.

So - one resurrected, one put in the ground.

Who is it to be?
Sat 11/10/03 at 14:58
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
I think you should say what your answer would be first Mr Snuggly.
Sat 11/10/03 at 15:07
Regular
"allardini's tagline"
I'd bring back one of my grandmothers, 'cause they died when I was young and I regret not knowing either very well, but I have no idea who I'd kill.
Sat 11/10/03 at 15:13
Regular
"Laughingstock"
I'd resurrect the philosopher Nietzsche and his epic moustache, because I'd love to know what he makes of the way the world has turned out over the past 120 years since his death. What he thinks of Hilter and the Nazis, of the "great wars" and "grand politics" he predicted, of the "death of God and fixed morality" he wanted, etc.

I'd have the bloke who lives next door to me killed, because he blasts out The Eagles greatest hits late into the night on Fridays, Saturdays and sometimes Sundays. My hand has already reached for an axe on several occasions already.
Sat 11/10/03 at 15:28
Regular
"Mi/\\/dfrig Naked"
Black Glove wrote:
> I'd have the bloke who lives next door to me killed,

Harsh!
Sat 11/10/03 at 16:02
"Mimmargh!"
I would have you killed, Mr. Snuggly.
But then I would bring you back.
Then you would be in my debt and thus would have to buy me a free mars bar.
Sat 11/10/03 at 16:26
Regular
"Laughingstock"
Lawri wrote:
> Harsh!

True. And I'm only joking, but if I hear Hotel California one more time... I'm gonna chop him up into little pieces and feed him to my cat.
Sat 11/10/03 at 17:02
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
After some thought I can honestly say I don't have a clue. Bringing back most people from the past into today's world would probably make no difference anyway as what they did when they were alive and the very fact they are dead gives their lives meaning. Bring back Elvis and he'd be another pop act, bring back Lennon and he's another person in the music industry, Bring back Martin Luther King and some of what he talked about has now been achieved but others have taken up where he left off.

If the question was different, and the person brough back to life would come back at the time they died then I'd choose President Kennedy, had he not been killed it could have been a very different world.

As for who to kill, despite the obvious candidates of numerous dictators/terrorists etc, it's an impossible choice because for all we know what these people did, and will do, could impact on history in all sorts of ways. Kill Bin Laden and it'll just lead to numerous revence attacks, kill any head of state and another pops up to continue, kill off an annoying pop person and ten more step forward.
Sat 11/10/03 at 21:14
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Hmm, at first i thought of bringing back Tolkien to discuss LOTR over tea and crumpets. But i can't help but think he would rue being resurrected, he died at 80 years old or something like that, he isnt going to be upwardly mobile.

I could resurrect princess diana, it would make me very popular.

I would kill the mother of a family i hate, the grief would crush them, and i would laugh.
Sat 11/10/03 at 21:50
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
cookie monster wrote:
> I could resurrect princess diana, it would make me very popular.

You mean with the (judging by Al Fayed's nutty theories) combined CIA, Mosad, Free Masons, KGB, MI5, British press corp, assassination team ?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.