GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Hmmm..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 06/10/03 at 20:27
Regular
"That's right!"
It's my mate Seb's 20th birthday today, which also means it's the one year anniversey of the time I got arrested (the other bowling pin is still in Seb's room, the police never asked about it)

Darn toot it, my posse went out today for a few drinks. I knew they were doing something, but since I had college I said I couldn't make it. Only I didn't end up going to college until the afternoon. And I didn't even do anything while I was there, we just hung about for a few hours then left before 4, when the MoJo bought himself a bag to take on holiday to hold his junk. So I *could* have gone out with them during the day, con sarn it. Stupid college.

Anyway, the MoJo went around Seb's at 6 tonight. Wal and Seb were taking lines of coke, and drinking Stella. I joined in the drinking of Stella. The Fos came around (he'd left to get changed) and we had some more Stella. Alex showed up and we had some more Stella.

Fos had a go at my choice of clothes - mainly my trainers, but I explained I wasn't going out into town with them because I had no money and had college the next day.

"So why are you here?"
"To see Seb... it's his birthday."

The Wal, who'd had no food, had tea with Seb's family (all 10 of them) and was forced to sing "Happy birthday" to Seb with the rest of the family.

Devastating.

Seriously, there are 10 people in Seb's family, because they have 4 adopted kids and the eldest is from their mother's first marriage. Seb's only real family other than his parents are his two sisters. Whom we all fancy, because they're stunning. Which leads me to some bad news. Bryony, the younger of the two stunning sisters, whom I've always preferred over Eve, the elder of the two stunning sisters, has just got engaged to her 20 year old boyfriend. Curse him, curse him to Hedes!

So, with Bryony's new fiance, we had some more Stella, and everyone but the MoJo had some more coke. Again, the MoJo turned down free drugs. That makes me feel special.

We drank yet more Stella, watched yet more TV, then Fos, Seb and Alex went to get the metro into town, while The Wal, the MoJo and Bryony's new fiance talked some more. Wal left to drive, while well over the limit, to his bird's, then he was gonna get a lift from his dad into town to meet everyone else. But he kept bugging the MoJo to go into town with them all, since the MoJo is so loved, and finally the MoJo agreed, since people are lending him money. So now The Wal is swinging by here at about 9 so he can drive us into town. And Wal is well over the limit. Should be interesting.

By Goatboy's wishes, I shall report what happens later on. Indeed.

Oh, and in case anyone is wondering how I can type so well whilst intoxicated, I've had LOTS of practice, just ask Rakuga.
Tue 07/10/03 at 14:11
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
MoJoJoJo wrote:
> Over the limit, technically, is one pint. I never said he was drunk.
> By "interesting" I meant if somehow he was insanely unlucky
> enough to get pulled over for something minor.

The current legal limit for driving is 80mg of alcohol per 100ml of blood. In most European countries, the legal limit is lower, at 50mg.
At twice the current legal limit you are at least 50 times more likely to be involved in a fatal accident. The only safe course is not to drink and drive
http://www.britainusa.com/ faq/xq/asp/SID.470/qx/showfaq.htm

"Wal left to drive, while well over the limit, to his bird's"

> You guys are blowing this WAY out of proportion. Tell me you've NEVER
> been in a car with someone who's had more than one pint. Go on.

No, I have NEVER been in the car with someone who has had even one pint. When I'm driving, I drink coke/water and won't get into the car with anyone who's had even 1 pint. And my mates are cool with that.
It's not blowing it out of proportion mate, you said twice how over the limit Wal was and personally I think that's bloody stupid.
I don't care if you get offended or annoyed, it was a dumb thing to do and I'll say so regardless of popular opinion.

What makes me laugh is that English Bloke is a copper, yet you are publically admitting to cocaine usage and drink driving.
Which makes you not particularly circumspect about your social habits, and English Bloke being a copper means it is his job to pursue it, otherwise he can get into grief for ignoring it.

But I'm not that much of a goober to insist anything is done.
I would just say next time take a cab.
Tue 07/10/03 at 14:10
Regular
I mean the car skidded on the black ice
Tue 07/10/03 at 14:09
Regular
Someone in my old school was brain damaged,but that was ice, not drink
Tue 07/10/03 at 14:03
Regular
"cachoo"
I've never been in a car whilst someone has been drunk. At least, not the driver.
A girl at my old school was killed in a car crash because her mother was drunk. The mother lived too.
Tue 07/10/03 at 14:01
Regular
Over the limit for driving is over the allowance daily for men/women (delete as appropriate)
Tue 07/10/03 at 14:00
Regular
"That's right!"
Over the limit, technically, is one pint. I never said he was drunk. By "interesting" I meant if somehow he was insanely unlucky enough to get pulled over for something minor.

You guys are blowing this WAY out of proportion. Tell me you've NEVER been in a car with someone who's had more than one pint. Go on.
Tue 07/10/03 at 13:57
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
There's no difference at all.
And you said:
"So now The Wal is swinging by here at about 9 so he can drive us into town. And Wal is well over the limit. Should be interesting"

"Well over the limit" doesn't sound like a few drinks but is ok to drive, that sounds like a trollied bloke.
I just don't think it's big or clever to drink drive, whether it's a few drinks hours earlier or "well over the limit, should be interesting".
Like I said, you got lucky that he wasn't arrested or you didn't have an accident.

But hey, what do I know.
Tue 07/10/03 at 13:54
Regular
"That's right!"
lnsane Bartender wrote:
> Sure, your man is fine driving along empty roads, but what if
> suddenly it's not so empty? What if suddenly there is an erratic
> driver in front, or behind. Can he react quickly enough? At the end
> of the day, your life depends on his ability to drive impeccably
> regardless of the conditions. If he's been drinking, he can't do
> that, therefore your life is in danger every time you get into the
> car with him after he's been drinking.

---------

Didn't I just say he was fine? I've known Wal for about 8 years, and I've been drinking with him for the last 4 years. He was fine. For the tenth time, I would not have got in the car with him if he wasn't. I don't condone drink driving, but there's a difference between someone who's DRUNK being behind the wheel of a stupidly fast car, which is filled with equally drunk people, and my mate Wal, who had stopped drinking for a few hours, hadn't had that much, and can handle it, being behind the wheel of a Corsa with me.
Tue 07/10/03 at 13:25
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Goatboy wrote:

> drinking and driving is retarded and you shouldn't do it.

I totally agree with this. I also believe in Zero Tolerance. On the extremely rare occasion I have a drink while I'm going to drive it is always my last of the evening so that I don't get another alcoholic drink whether I want one or not.

Unfortunately I, like a lot of people, am guilty of drink driving. Never on an evening but on a morning, when you don't consider what you've drunk the night before as you get behind the wheel to go to work.

Stupidity.
Tue 07/10/03 at 13:12
Drink driving is dumb.

Sure, your man is fine driving along empty roads, but what if suddenly it's not so empty? What if suddenly there is an erratic driver in front, or behind. Can he react quickly enough? At the end of the day, your life depends on his ability to drive impeccably regardless of the conditions. If he's been drinking, he can't do that, therefore your life is in danger every time you get into the car with him after he's been drinking.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.