GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Hmmm..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 06/10/03 at 20:27
Regular
"That's right!"
It's my mate Seb's 20th birthday today, which also means it's the one year anniversey of the time I got arrested (the other bowling pin is still in Seb's room, the police never asked about it)

Darn toot it, my posse went out today for a few drinks. I knew they were doing something, but since I had college I said I couldn't make it. Only I didn't end up going to college until the afternoon. And I didn't even do anything while I was there, we just hung about for a few hours then left before 4, when the MoJo bought himself a bag to take on holiday to hold his junk. So I *could* have gone out with them during the day, con sarn it. Stupid college.

Anyway, the MoJo went around Seb's at 6 tonight. Wal and Seb were taking lines of coke, and drinking Stella. I joined in the drinking of Stella. The Fos came around (he'd left to get changed) and we had some more Stella. Alex showed up and we had some more Stella.

Fos had a go at my choice of clothes - mainly my trainers, but I explained I wasn't going out into town with them because I had no money and had college the next day.

"So why are you here?"
"To see Seb... it's his birthday."

The Wal, who'd had no food, had tea with Seb's family (all 10 of them) and was forced to sing "Happy birthday" to Seb with the rest of the family.

Devastating.

Seriously, there are 10 people in Seb's family, because they have 4 adopted kids and the eldest is from their mother's first marriage. Seb's only real family other than his parents are his two sisters. Whom we all fancy, because they're stunning. Which leads me to some bad news. Bryony, the younger of the two stunning sisters, whom I've always preferred over Eve, the elder of the two stunning sisters, has just got engaged to her 20 year old boyfriend. Curse him, curse him to Hedes!

So, with Bryony's new fiance, we had some more Stella, and everyone but the MoJo had some more coke. Again, the MoJo turned down free drugs. That makes me feel special.

We drank yet more Stella, watched yet more TV, then Fos, Seb and Alex went to get the metro into town, while The Wal, the MoJo and Bryony's new fiance talked some more. Wal left to drive, while well over the limit, to his bird's, then he was gonna get a lift from his dad into town to meet everyone else. But he kept bugging the MoJo to go into town with them all, since the MoJo is so loved, and finally the MoJo agreed, since people are lending him money. So now The Wal is swinging by here at about 9 so he can drive us into town. And Wal is well over the limit. Should be interesting.

By Goatboy's wishes, I shall report what happens later on. Indeed.

Oh, and in case anyone is wondering how I can type so well whilst intoxicated, I've had LOTS of practice, just ask Rakuga.
Tue 07/10/03 at 18:44
Regular
"That's right!"
Goatboy wrote:
> "I'll drive up but I'm limited to drinks"
> "Ah stay at mine then, that way we can have a drink!"
> "...aw go on then"

-------

*makes a note*

Heh, seriously though, you're so much like Wal's brother it's scary.
Tue 07/10/03 at 17:28
Regular
"Proffesional Eejit."
If anyone where to call you old for saying that, they would probably do it in text talk. or rant about there being 'no lines' anymore.

"hetrosexual, homosexual, it's all the same now!"
Tue 07/10/03 at 15:22
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
And if nothing else, pulling is a damn sight easier.
How many times have I used that one?
"I'll drive up but I'm limited to drinks"
"Ah stay at mine then, that way we can have a drink!"
"...aw go on then"

/lecture
Tue 07/10/03 at 15:20
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
So don't post about mates driving "well over the limit" then.
Sorry if you're getting moody, but it's a bloody silly thing for somebody to do.
Doesn't matter if he can handle his drink or not, he should not have been driving.

Look, I don't care if you or anyone else wants to call me old etc etc, but if refusing to have a drink if I'm driving, or asking mates not to drive after a drink means I won't be responsible for any injuries then fine, I'm proud to be an old fart.
You got away with it this time, you were lucky. But that doesn't make it alright or to say that will happen again.
The safest thing to do, especially after cocaine for chrissakes, is to take a cab.

But you know this, I know this and anyone with sense knows this.
Tue 07/10/03 at 15:03
Regular
"That's right!"
Goaty... I'll say this just once. I, despite the way I act here, am not an idiot. I don't do drugs, I don't drink heavily, I don't go around starting fights.

If you knew my friends as well as I do, you'd know what Wal is like when drunk, which is to say, not very drunk. He had a clear head. The fact that he drove perfectly back from town is proof that he was OK, proof enough for me anyway. We saw three police cars on the way back, one directly behind us. We never got pulled over. Wal drove like he was sober, because, to be honest, he wasn't that drunk. But because he'd been drinking a fair bit during the day, he would've failed a breathaliser.

I'm sorry if I have offended you by saying that we are alright, I'm sorry we didn't crash and die so we could become another reason for other people not to drink drive, but hell, why am I even saying drink driving? When I left Wal at Seb's, he had been drinking. I assumed he'd still be drunk, and thought it would be interesting to see what would happen when he got to mine. I posted the original message THEN, after I left Seb's, before he came over. If he'd come over just as drunk as I'd last saw him, I would've suggested we get the metro.

When he got to mine, it was a few hours later and he was fine. While in town, he barely drank, and was fine to drive home. Again, for the millionth time, I know him, I knew he was fine, I wouldn't have let him drive at all if he wasn't. Simple as that. Now let's drop it, I'm already in a bad mood from college related stuff, I don't need people lecturing me on how stupid I am. I get enough of that from my family.
Tue 07/10/03 at 14:58
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
MoJoJoJo wrote:
> You can't say "Well then don't post that stuff here!"
> because Goatboy pulls the same stuff, he posts about what he gets up
> to, people comment, same as my stuff.
--

Point me to a post where I talk about my mate being "well over the limit" and driving into town with "should be interesting"
I post about going out for the evening and shagging willing partners.
Not boasting about gak & drink driving.
There is a world of difference between lying to police to protect a mate, and willingly allowing somebody to drive who is "well over the limit"
That's bloody stupid, and if you don't see that then it will continue until they day either you, a mate or somebody minding their own business is killed/injured.

Don't get defensive because a post about "The Mojo" has turned into a forum full of people calling your mate stupid for drink driving.
Tue 07/10/03 at 14:55
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
*shrugs*
Drink driving is a stupid, irresponsible & illegal thing to do, fact.
Yes everything has risks, but that's a retarded thing to do - knowingly getting into a car with somebody who, using your own words twice in your post "was well over the limit".

You were ok this time and nobody died.
At the end of the day, I'm concerned for people minding their own business that could get killed by drink drivers. There's no excuse at all.
So I sound like your mum, big deal.
It's better than boasting of a mate that drives "well over the limit and does drugs!!"
Doesn't matter if you thought he was drunk or not. Being "well over the limit" or even "just over the limit" impairs functions, whether you realise it or not.

You can get as huffy as you like my friend, Wal did a stupid thing for which there is no excuse or reasoning.
I'm just pleased nobody was killed.
Tue 07/10/03 at 14:49
Regular
"That's right!"
Y'know, this reminds me of the time I posted about getting locked up. Some people went SPARE at the thought of me lying to the police to try and protect my friends. They really had a go at me, just like you lot are now.

You can't say "Well then don't post that stuff here!" because Goatboy pulls the same stuff, he posts about what he gets up to, people comment, same as my stuff.
Tue 07/10/03 at 14:47
Regular
"That's right!"
"What makes me laugh is that English Bloke is a copper, yet you are publically admitting to cocaine usage and drink driving."

Yes, except I wasn't taking coke, and I can't even drive, let along drink drive. What my friends do is up to them, unlike you, I won't preach to them that they're idiots for doing drugs or anything like that.

Goatboy, I know you're old and grizzled, and like a good rant, but don't you think I *know* all of this? You've been complaining to me for ages about it, but that doesn't change the fact that I got in the car with someone who, technically, was over the limit, but was not actually drunk. God, you're like my mother...

We didn't get hurt, nobody else got hurt and the simple fact is, Wal was driving exactly the same way he does when he's sober. He stuck to the speed limit (actually, he speeds when he's sober) and drove carefully to avoid being pulled over. If he was swerving all over the place, I would have stopped the car myself and got us a taxi.

For the last time, he was fine, I was fine, it all ended up fine. It was stupid, yes, but hell, drinking is stupid. Drugs are stupid. Getting into fights is stupid. Everything has risks.
Tue 07/10/03 at 14:14
Regular
Goatboy wrote:
> MoJoJoJo wrote:
> Over the limit, technically, is one pint. I never said he was drunk.
> By "interesting" I meant if somehow he was insanely
> unlucky
> enough to get pulled over for something minor.
>
> The current legal limit for driving is 80mg of alcohol per 100ml of
> blood. In most European countries, the legal limit is lower, at
> 50mg.
> At twice the current legal limit you are at least 50 times more
> likely to be involved in a fatal accident. The only safe course is
> not to drink and drive
> http://www.britainusa.com/ faq/xq/asp/SID.470/qx/showfaq.htm
>
> "Wal left to drive, while well over the limit, to his
> bird's"
>
> You guys are blowing this WAY out of proportion. Tell me you've
> NEVER

I have never been with a drink driver, and I hope I never will be. You must be careful to stay under the limit
> been in a car with someone who's had more than one pint. Go on.
>
> No, I have NEVER been in the car with someone who has had even one
> pint. When I'm driving, I drink coke/water and won't get into the car
> with anyone who's had even 1 pint. And my mates are cool with that.
> It's not blowing it out of proportion mate, you said twice how over
> the limit Wal was and personally I think that's bloody stupid.
> I don't care if you get offended or annoyed, it was a dumb thing to
> do and I'll say so regardless of popular opinion.
>
> What makes me laugh is that English Bloke is a copper, yet you are
> publically admitting to cocaine usage and drink driving.
> Which makes you not particularly circumspect about your social
> habits, and English Bloke being a copper means it is his job to
> pursue it, otherwise he can get into grief for ignoring it.
>
> But I'm not that much of a goober to insist anything is done.
> I would just say next time take a cab.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.