GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"MP3 player advice."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 01/10/03 at 16:46
I'm thinking of buying an MP3 player at the moment so I can get rid of all the songs on my computer cluttering up space.

I want one that is quite high quality, quite cheap, and I don't care about it's size, sound quality or what it looks like.

I think 10Gb would be about right, but if it's good value, more would be welcome.

Can someone please recommend me one?

Thanks.
Wed 01/10/03 at 23:27
Regular
"Teal'c"
Get this little man.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ViewItem&item=3050066829&category=15058

Bargain.
Wed 01/10/03 at 22:39
"slightlyshortertagl"
iPod

*drools*
Wed 01/10/03 at 22:21
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I was a bit annoyed at just getting a Zen and hearing about the NX, but I was reading a review and it said it had less features, but was a bit smaller size wize.

Pfft. My Zen is beautiful and uesful.

Seriously, the Zen is a perfectly cool and quality MP3 player, and is far better value than the seriously inflated Ipod.

But Ipods also rock.
Wed 01/10/03 at 22:18
Regular
"Psytrance junkie"
As for Zen/iPod...Well, they've released the new Zen NX now, which is a damn good bargain imo. Looking at prices:

30gb Zen NX: £226
10gb iPod: £240

Hmmm.

Read from a number of comments by people with iPods that the Zen is higher quality, but I doubt that'll be particularly noticeable. The Zen doesn't look quite as sleek, but for the price difference, you really can't complain =) Got one on order myself at the moment.

As for differences between the normal Zen and the NX - the NX has a removeable battery, which is nice, as it can be replaced on the go (although lasts between 10 and 14 hours anyway, according to various reviews). The battery apparently drains faster on the NX because the buffer is half the size of the normal Zen, so the hard drive has to spin up more often to fill it, but I seriously doubt it'll have a major effect. Only other major difference is no socket for an inline remote to be attatched, though to be fair, the one for the Zen was crap anyway. Creative say one is on the way however, so not sure how it'll connect, possibly in to the USB.

In short, buy Zen NX. That is all.
Wed 01/10/03 at 20:42
Nah, I don't want to spend money on memory cards.
Wed 01/10/03 at 18:39
Regular
"That's right!"
The Freecom BeatMan. They sell it here at SR, I own it. It's really small, GREAT for batteries, and if you have decent memory cards, can store a fair bit of music (not gig after gig, but enough)
Wed 01/10/03 at 17:12
Damn! I was looking at it yesterday and wondering whether tio get it or not.

What about this? I know it's not Zen/iPod but it looks pretty good.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ViewItem&item=3048584515&category=48451
Wed 01/10/03 at 17:10
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Yup. I got mine for £60 more only about 6 months ago.

That twas a good deal there.
Wed 01/10/03 at 17:07
So this would have been a good buy?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ViewItem&item=3049471841&category=48451
Wed 01/10/03 at 17:05
Ah well. I'll just hunt ebay then.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.