GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GTA San Andreas in a week!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas'.
Fri 03/06/05 at 15:04
Regular
"....."
Yippeeeeeee.
Sat 25/06/05 at 23:28
Regular
"\\"
mikelar wrote:
> Emitime wrote:
> Although one problem that's a bit annoying is that when playing
> songs
> on the custom sound track, the frequency range isn't great, so high
> pitched and real bass-y parts can't be heard at all.
>
> That's probably because you have 'Change EQ' (or whatever it's
> called) switched on which changes the sound depending on the vehicle
> you're in. If you look in the audio setup page, you can turn it off
> so that the radio plays the songs normally.

A bit of a silly thing to put into a game.

'Cause no matter what speakers you use in real life, you don't lose huge chunks of music like in the game.
Sat 25/06/05 at 21:27
Regular
Yeah, I've found the controls a bit dodgy too....I'm thinking about using my Logic3 pad for it.
Sat 25/06/05 at 21:26
I've had no problems with the controls whatsoever.
In fact, I've had no problems with the game at all.

And I was doing some wonderful loops and barrel rolls before strafing the freeway in the fighter jet you first get.
it's so great
Sat 25/06/05 at 21:22
Regular
"The definitive tag"
I've generally been impressed with it. It certainly is a hell of a lot better than the PS2 version.

It's not without it's problems though. The game isn't very well suited for a keyboard and mouse so controlling it really is tough, and no amount of tweaking the controls to your own specification really makes much difference. The problem becomes most apparent when flying. Anyone else who's got to the flying school will know just how tricky it can be.

The lack of an auto-aim is a little disappointing, but luckily it's not at all challenging to line up a decent head shot.
Sat 25/06/05 at 19:41
Regular
"Selected"
Emitime wrote:
> Although one problem that's a bit annoying is that when playing songs
> on the custom sound track, the frequency range isn't great, so high
> pitched and real bass-y parts can't be heard at all.

That's probably because you have 'Change EQ' (or whatever it's called) switched on which changes the sound depending on the vehicle you're in. If you look in the audio setup page, you can turn it off so that the radio plays the songs normally.

I have a different problem with this in that my user tracks aren't recognised every time I start the game, I have to scan for them and mess around with the settings every single time. I also still get pretty bad pop-up even though the draw distance is maxed.
Sat 25/06/05 at 18:27
Regular
"\\"
It's great.

Although one problem that's a bit annoying is that when playing songs on the custom sound track, the frequency range isn't great, so high pitched and real bass-y parts can't be heard at all.
Sat 25/06/05 at 17:28
Regular
Got this today...it's amazing. Really haven't played a game like this in a while and it's a nice change. Lots of fun, I've been pumping a lot of weights lol. So where is everyone on it?
Fri 17/06/05 at 17:40
Regular
"The definitive tag"
Got the game earlier. It's pretty much made my PS2 copy obsolete, it really is a totally different game.

The only glitch I've had so far is a minor one with the graphics. My PC was running it happily on high but I noticed a problem with the character models. Sometimes I would only be able to see the outline with blobs of colour. Putting it on medium quality visuals sorted it and it made no real difference.
Fri 17/06/05 at 10:27
Regular
:D
Fri 17/06/05 at 10:09
Bullett wrote:
> I'd hate to hear him when he's drunk.

"Good day old chap! Would thou like to be one's acquaintance as one pays visit to one's harem of debauchery?"

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.