GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"i Pods"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 25/09/03 at 19:50
Regular
Are they available in the UK??

Who sells them?

How much do they cost?

Do they come in ANY other colour apart from white??
Fri 26/09/03 at 21:13
Regular
Timmargh wrote:
What
> more do you want?

A built in digital camera :) Then I would buy one for sure. Surely cant be that far off considering how small digital cameras are getting these days.
Fri 26/09/03 at 20:07
Regular
It is cheaper. And probably an easier option than an iPod - but i'm just gonna wait and see if this 5GB thing is real.
Fri 26/09/03 at 20:04
Regular
"gsybe you!"
*by itself

*Worthy

*cries*
Fri 26/09/03 at 20:04
Regular
"gsybe you!"
gamezfreak wrote:
> I'd prefer an iPod to a Zen in my opinion.
>
>

Seriously, I thought that at first, but a Zen can do anything an Ipod can, except play games (which defeats the point I want it for anyway - Ignoring it will it fills my ears with sweet musical nectar) and is cheaper, and looks pretty damn cool be itself.

Its a very worthey alternative anyway.
Fri 26/09/03 at 19:47
"possibly impossible"
They are supposed to be the bees knees. Though the bees round here always wear trousers so I've never seen their knees....

...but yes, details as below in everyone else's post, and yes, I would like one, so if you win the lottery...
Fri 26/09/03 at 19:44
Regular
I'd prefer an iPod to a Zen in my opinion.

Can anyone confirm this - I swear in one magazine review - there was a 5GB iPod review.
Fri 26/09/03 at 18:24
Regular
"gsybe you!"
oh, and it also has Firmware upgrades (i.e upgrades) always available, can store almost any type of file, and also has a sleep function.

I think the next firmware upgrade has an organiser and clock. I think.
Fri 26/09/03 at 18:23
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I have a Creative Labs Zen 20GB, and its a great alternative.

Sure it may not be as small as the Ipod, but it has just as many feautres, if not more, supports USB, is cheaper simply because its not Apple, and is small enough for pocket and everything. And if you use WMP, then its also very much more useful.

www.nomadworld.com is a good starting point.
Fri 26/09/03 at 18:18
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Oh, and it'll automatically update itself from your PC or Mac when you connect to it. And using the Firewire connection means a full CD's worth of songs is copied in less than 10 seconds.

For examples of what it does other than play music ...

http://www.apple.com/uk/ipod/beyondmusic.html
Fri 26/09/03 at 18:14
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Don or†ega wrote:
> Too expensive for just an MP3 player for my liking.

You can keep lists of contacts and calendars on it too. There also a few games. It has a sleep timer so it'll turn itself off after a certain length of time and it has an alarm clock. And of course you can use it as a portable Firewire hard drive for God's sake! What more do you want?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.