GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"i Pods"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 25/09/03 at 19:50
Regular
Are they available in the UK??

Who sells them?

How much do they cost?

Do they come in ANY other colour apart from white??
Fri 03/10/03 at 16:46
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
===SONICRAV---> wrote:
> Lots of places. BUT the newest model (3rd generation) have only just
> been released, so some places are still selling the 2nd gen model.

Huh? The Apple web store still have the same version two unit for sale that I bought four/five months ago. However, this is the third generation pod... but only the second version. Which is unnecessairly complicated, but hey, I didn't event the stupid system. In any case, they've been selling them for months now so anywhere trying to off load old stock on you now are really pushing their luck!
Fri 03/10/03 at 10:59
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Mystique wrote:
> Do they come in ANY other colour apart from white??

No, but if you go here ...

http://www.ipodlounge.com/

... and click on 'Gear Guide' and then 'Covers' you can get protective covers in different colours.
Fri 03/10/03 at 01:43
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Mystique wrote:
> Are they available in the UK??

Yes...

> Who sells them?

Lots of places. BUT the newest model (3rd generation) have only just been released, so some places are still selling the 2nd gen model. If you buy from Apple.com/uk then you can get them laser engraved too - mine is going to say:

LESS RISK MORE DANGER
Property of

> How much do they cost?

The model I would recommend is the 20GB model, which is £300 (+£15 for engravings). For this, you get the docking station, wired remote and carry case included. The only extra thing you might need if the USB cable if you don't have firewire. If you want more space, the 30GB model is £400.

> Do they come in ANY other colour apart from white??

Of course not. Silly woman! Next you'll be asking if it has interchangable covers to match you varnish, and whether it stains easily!

Sonic
Fri 03/10/03 at 01:05
Regular
My bro got one down japan.. o_O
Thu 02/10/03 at 17:50
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
Hmmm... to be honest I wouldn't link the thing up to the PC that often to get bothered about it. It's a bit annoying the way MMJB seems to delete everything from the Pod before uploading it all again when all you've done is add a couple of songs, but just go make a cup of tea and look at the carpet for a bit then it's done.
Wed 01/10/03 at 19:19
Regular
"QPR 1974"
...Yes you are. Don't lie to me, please.
Wed 01/10/03 at 12:32
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
I used Ephpod on an old PC, but with the new one I'm lazy... MMJB was already installed and all and I would have to go download Ephpod again etc etc etc... While Ephpod is undoubtedly better, I'm not missing the improvements that much.
Wed 01/10/03 at 10:31
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
Monkey_With_Attitude wrote:
> Ephpod's great. Much better then stupid MusicMatch.
>
> Whoever reccomended that to me, thanks. It's saved me ALOT of time
> and hassle.

I can NEVER get Ephpod to work on my PC.

Always pops up with a message saying that it can't run because of a missing DLL or something?
Tue 30/09/03 at 21:08
"slightlyshortertagl"
Anyone got a spare iPod lying around?

I'd happily have it.

For Free.
Tue 30/09/03 at 20:59
Regular
"QPR 1974"
Agreed, Ephpod is in the zone.

Any idea where I could find some decent downloads for the iPod, considering I'm on Windows there seems to be a distinct lack of Windows compatible programs. I always seem to end up 'iPod lounge' where I managed to get 'Googleget' which just gets all the new stories, catorgorises them and stores them in your contacts folder within seconds, and VolumeBoost (or something of a similar name) which... well... I'll leave you guessing.

So, yeah, know any good programs for use with the 'Pod?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.