GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Underworld."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 19/09/03 at 17:17
Regular
"That's right!"
I'm so important, I get my own thread, I ain't adding to the other one (take THAT, Stryke)

Anyway, saw it today after college. It's pretty pants. Have you seen the trailer? Then you've seen the film, minus the talky bits.

Don't waste your money on it. Yes, she looks fit, but she has some pretty duff lines, the action is sub par at best and the "twists" at the end are pretty pointless. In fact, the entire film is pretty pointless. It doesn't really go anywhere.

Some of you nerds might enjoy it, for the same reason some of you enjoyed The Matrix ("Wow, that could be ME! I could be The One!") but for anyone expecting a good film, don't bother. It's not necessarily BAD... it's just not at all good. No redeeming features.
Fri 19/09/03 at 22:34
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
That was to Blank.
Fri 19/09/03 at 22:33
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Ssssh you're going to give away the big twist.
Fri 19/09/03 at 22:33
Regular
Well, I enjoyed it. Seemed fun at parts. I especially liked the Michael Clark Duncan lookalike and his transformations. Plus the whip fight looked amazing. They really nailed the atmosphere with the filters and whatnot. The werewolves passed muster. Kate is fit. Michael Sheen as Lucian was superb.

I did not like their version of the vampire mythos, the blatant Matrix parallels (Did they use the same square-staired building? The commando scene is almost the same as the Mouse death scene, and I'm almost sure they used the same sound effects as the Matrix for the gun sounds), and the ending.

If I had to give it a rating, I'd say 6 or 7 out of 10. Flawed yet enjoyable.

Oh, and I've just found this on Dark Horizons: "Underworld 2: Screen Gems president Clint Culpepper told Variety a sequel is already in the works."

I don't think I could possibly be less surprised.
Fri 19/09/03 at 22:26
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Memorandum! wrote:
> The best bit of Underworld was when we bought the tickets and my
> friend asked for "Underwear". And that's just plain sad.

Mike Baldwin's factory in Coronation is called Underworld, apparently. They make underwear as well.
Fri 19/09/03 at 22:25
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
The best bit of Underworld was when we bought the tickets and my friend asked for "Underwear". And that's just plain sad.

Funny at the time though.
Fri 19/09/03 at 22:24
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
So is Underworld better or worse than Queen of the Damned? Mind you, if it is better that's still not saying much.

Best bit of Queen of the Damned was a joke I made during it. And that is not even a joke itself, that was the most fun we had while we were there.
Fri 19/09/03 at 22:21
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Stryke wrote:
> They even cast a reflection.

I know!!
I can't even mention the other stuff. Bah.
Fri 19/09/03 at 22:16
Regular
What about the trailer made it look like Buffy in the slightest? The trailer makes it loo like a Matrix and Blade rip-off, which it is. I was trying to make comparisons to Buffy on the drive home, and all I could produce is they both have vampires.

Which leads me to say that Underworld has the worst vampires ever. They even cast a reflection. Bah.

I still liked it though.
Fri 19/09/03 at 22:13
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Glad you didn't mention Queen of the Damned. That was dire.
Fri 19/09/03 at 22:12
Regular
*opens flood gates for certain people to throw girly tantrums*

I'm cynical with anything to do with vampires or werewolves. and a film with both sounds complete garbage. Add to that a trailer that made it look like a feature length episode of a certain american vampire show, and the result is I'd rather brush my teeth with a wire brush.

don't get me wrong, there are SOME good vamp movies - Bram Stokers Dracula was pretty good, and Interview with the Vampire was great. Blade had its moments.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.