GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Underworld."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 19/09/03 at 17:17
Regular
"That's right!"
I'm so important, I get my own thread, I ain't adding to the other one (take THAT, Stryke)

Anyway, saw it today after college. It's pretty pants. Have you seen the trailer? Then you've seen the film, minus the talky bits.

Don't waste your money on it. Yes, she looks fit, but she has some pretty duff lines, the action is sub par at best and the "twists" at the end are pretty pointless. In fact, the entire film is pretty pointless. It doesn't really go anywhere.

Some of you nerds might enjoy it, for the same reason some of you enjoyed The Matrix ("Wow, that could be ME! I could be The One!") but for anyone expecting a good film, don't bother. It's not necessarily BAD... it's just not at all good. No redeeming features.
Fri 19/09/03 at 17:17
Regular
"That's right!"
I'm so important, I get my own thread, I ain't adding to the other one (take THAT, Stryke)

Anyway, saw it today after college. It's pretty pants. Have you seen the trailer? Then you've seen the film, minus the talky bits.

Don't waste your money on it. Yes, she looks fit, but she has some pretty duff lines, the action is sub par at best and the "twists" at the end are pretty pointless. In fact, the entire film is pretty pointless. It doesn't really go anywhere.

Some of you nerds might enjoy it, for the same reason some of you enjoyed The Matrix ("Wow, that could be ME! I could be The One!") but for anyone expecting a good film, don't bother. It's not necessarily BAD... it's just not at all good. No redeeming features.
Fri 19/09/03 at 17:26
Regular
I was planning on seeing this tonight actually.

Might give it a miss after reading this.

I might finally see pirate of caribean or something.

Ah well.
Fri 19/09/03 at 17:34
Regular
"I'm Great."
I though Pirates of the Caribean(however its spelt) was rather good. Much better than I thought it would be. So far everyone on here has given Underworld poor reviews. Something tells me that it might not be very good but like most I'm still interested in seeing it just to form my own opinion.
Fri 19/09/03 at 18:25
Regular
"Party Hard"
The Underworld trailer looked awesome.

But the next film I see will be "once upon a time in Mexico".

Is that actually a sequel to Desperado? Or is it something a bit different?
Fri 19/09/03 at 18:30
Regular
"That's right!"
Yes, it's an official sequel to Desperado, just like Desperado was an official sequel to El Mariachi (only with a different actor for the lead)

Film looks great, looks much better than Kill Bill.
Fri 19/09/03 at 18:34
Regular
"Party Hard"
MoJoJoJo wrote:
> Yes, it's an official sequel to Desperado, just like Desperado was an
> official sequel to El Mariachi (only with a different actor for the
> lead)

Then how come the bartender's in the trailer?
Didn't he get killed in Desperado?
Fri 19/09/03 at 18:48
Regular
"That's right!"
How come the knife guy is alive in it?

The same reason Cheech plays three characters in From Dusk Till Dawn (border guard, the "I suck" vampire and the guy they're waiting for who saves them at the end) - it's fun. They're playing new characters.
Fri 19/09/03 at 21:45
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
I just left the cinema no more than 30 minutes ago. Go me.

It sucked.
Fri 19/09/03 at 21:49
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
'As soon as I heard Underworld would be a "vampires vs werewolves love story" I knew it would be utter, utter rubbish. Plus the fact that they can't even make the trailers look good'

...as someone once said.
Fri 19/09/03 at 21:56
Regular
MoJoJoJo wrote:
> I'm so important, I get my own thread, I ain't adding to the other one
> (take THAT, Stryke)

--

Oooh, this cat has claws.

Just got back from seeing it. And it was good fun, didn't try to be more than that. Worst ending ever though, the whole cinema just laughed.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.