GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I hope David Blaine wins"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 15/09/03 at 18:52
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
Yes, it is a really stupid thing to do. Yes, it's probably just being done for publicity. But I really hope he sticks out the 44 days or whatever.

Why?

Because it would be a big middle finger up to the morons who seem to be everywhere on this fair island.

People are going there, and they are tormenting a man, a real human being, with food. Even if he is doing it to himself, that doesn't bypass the fact that he hasn't eaten for 5 days (or however long it is). And they're, in my opinion, torturing him. Someone even thought it would be a great idea to set up a BBQ underneath him, so that he could smell it.

Think about it. Taunting a starving man with food that he cannot have.

The other thing, the thing that really triggered it for me, is that some idiots are shouting things about his mum. Who died of cancer when he was 21. And people think it's 'a laugh'?

Go David.
Tue 16/09/03 at 10:40
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Blaine is an idiotic cretin with as much charisma as a globule of pus from Michael Heseltine's ar$e. his stupid glass box should be smashed and he should be left to try and swim out of the Thames.

What a moronic knobhead.
Tue 16/09/03 at 10:24
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
RoJ wrote:
> I'm no fan of Blaine, but the people that intimidate him are fools.
> It would make more sense to me to do that sort of thing to people
> that deserve it, like rapists, paedophiles and murderers.
---

Ah, "Rentamob" mentality of screaming and banging on the sides of vans.

At the end of the day, all this "I'm ashamed to be British" crap because a few people are lobbing sandwiches at a self-promoting, slow talking illusionist getting $5 million for a stunt is laughable.
Who cares, I mean really?

A spasticated Ross from Friends lives in a box for 44 days. It's only those jokers chucking stuff that is keeping him in the news, he should be grateful.
Mon 15/09/03 at 22:59
Regular
Ah, any sort of media attention comes to the English, whether football matches or 'visiting' celebrities, and we make ourselves look like mongs.

When I go to Canada, I think I'll feel ashamed to admit to being English.

Maybe I'll be Welsh for the year...
Mon 15/09/03 at 21:10
Regular
"smile, it's free"
I think he got the chubbier figure deliberately in preparation for this event, but still - you cannot describe this as an 'easy' thing to do.

So the doctors all tend to agree that he has a high chance of survival. That doesn't make it easy.

Until anyone out there tries to go a month and a half wihout eating, I don't think they can describe this as 'unimpressive', or 'not that difficult'.
Mon 15/09/03 at 19:50
Regular
> Alec wrote:
> I have a large conservatory and that's bad enough. Imagine a ting
> box,
> with no window or door to open. Fried eggs on toast me thinks.

maybe for you, but Blaine hasn't got a lot of energy - and while he might be doing it for publicity, i believe he's really doing it to get rid of his chubbier figure. well, it won't work.
Mon 15/09/03 at 19:49
Regular
It's not even justifiable to shout that kind of thing even if David blaine has harmed them in any way. LET ALONE doing it for a laugh.

blaine does look funny though...
Mon 15/09/03 at 19:48
Regular
monkey_man wrote:
"he's probably a bit mental and having a tea party with her right now..."

"What's that mother? Starve myself in a glass box in the sky in London? Ok mother. Yes, I'll get the milk on the way back."
Mon 15/09/03 at 19:47
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Alec wrote:
> I have a large conservatory and that's bad enough. Imagine a ting box,
> with no window or door to open. Fried eggs on toast me thinks.

He has several windows, actually. And I think there's a gap between the sides and the ceiling, could be wrong on that though.
Mon 15/09/03 at 19:45
Regular
that thing about the people shouting stuff about his mum who died of cancer not long ago particularly disgusted me. it's this 'lads' behaviour that drives me up the wall. y'know, can of lager in hand, in pub, shouting and hooraring, with arms around eachothers shoulders, finishing a bad song and going "WAYYYYYYYYYY". it's. nuts. and i don't like it.
Mon 15/09/03 at 19:32
Regular
"It's been a while.."
I have a large conservatory and that's bad enough. Imagine a ting box, with no window or door to open. Fried eggs on toast me thinks.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.