GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I hope David Blaine wins"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 15/09/03 at 18:52
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
Yes, it is a really stupid thing to do. Yes, it's probably just being done for publicity. But I really hope he sticks out the 44 days or whatever.

Why?

Because it would be a big middle finger up to the morons who seem to be everywhere on this fair island.

People are going there, and they are tormenting a man, a real human being, with food. Even if he is doing it to himself, that doesn't bypass the fact that he hasn't eaten for 5 days (or however long it is). And they're, in my opinion, torturing him. Someone even thought it would be a great idea to set up a BBQ underneath him, so that he could smell it.

Think about it. Taunting a starving man with food that he cannot have.

The other thing, the thing that really triggered it for me, is that some idiots are shouting things about his mum. Who died of cancer when he was 21. And people think it's 'a laugh'?

Go David.
Tue 16/09/03 at 21:02
Regular
Its obvious hes had some sort of intestine modification - He eats nothing but chocolate before he went in I reckon.

Chocolate spread nappys come to mind...
Tue 16/09/03 at 20:27
"slightlyshortertagl"
The general banter is funny,

but what happened this morning (guy tried to cut through ropes keeping him up) and the mentioning of his mum is sick.
Tue 16/09/03 at 20:00
Regular
Wasnt david blaine meant to be giving himself sensory depravation though. This would mean that he couldnt hear people below or smell stuff etc, but he is cheating by putting himself about 4 foot from the ground.
Tue 16/09/03 at 19:53
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Pertaining to the original post, for a start he's not starving - he chose to be locked in that box and can come out whenever he wants. And I fully support the mocking of a self-important, Rain Man-esque 'magician' who thinks watching a man sit in a box do nothing qualifies as entertainment.

Apparently someone tried to kill him this morning which is a bit extreme, but yeah... y'know. What a mong. He's probably cheating. It's in the lip balm I tells ya.
Tue 16/09/03 at 13:54
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
....but to qualify that, no the Mum thing isn't funny. But then again, that's the kind of grief that football players get all the time too...
Tue 16/09/03 at 13:52
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Light wrote:
> The abuse being hurled at that self-important parlour trickster makes
> me feel proud to be English!!
>
> 44 days without food? Pah! Victoria Beckham has already knocked him
> into a cocked hat...

Ha ha ha, yeah she looks like Skeletor's sister.
Tue 16/09/03 at 13:51
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
The abuse being hurled at that self-important parlour trickster makes me feel proud to be English!!

44 days without food? Pah! Victoria Beckham has already knocked him into a cocked hat...
Tue 16/09/03 at 11:29
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I found it funny

Not his mum thing but still
Tue 16/09/03 at 11:09
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
We should have put him in the stocks at the London Dungeons and then had pot shots at him. I can thrown a mean rotten tomato.
Tue 16/09/03 at 11:07
"Darth Vader 3442321"
Blaine is eating food. He wears padded nappies full of energy bars and when he hides under his blanket to "change himself", he scoffs them. Then when he gets a new nappy, he is re-supplied with food. His drinking water is laced with electolytes and he is in no danger of starvation or suffering whatsoever. Therefore the whole thing is a pointless charade. He'll doubtless come out of the box pretending to be dying, then rushed to hospital (via BK, KFC and McD) to make his recovery. He'll go on about mind over matter and then thank the public who supported him. Also they never weighed him before he entered the box and I bet they won't weigh him when he leaves it.

I fully support us Brits cjucking stuff at him etc, as we are not so easily impressed by someone pretending to starve himself on public display for 44 days.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.