GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I hope David Blaine wins"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 15/09/03 at 18:52
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
Yes, it is a really stupid thing to do. Yes, it's probably just being done for publicity. But I really hope he sticks out the 44 days or whatever.

Why?

Because it would be a big middle finger up to the morons who seem to be everywhere on this fair island.

People are going there, and they are tormenting a man, a real human being, with food. Even if he is doing it to himself, that doesn't bypass the fact that he hasn't eaten for 5 days (or however long it is). And they're, in my opinion, torturing him. Someone even thought it would be a great idea to set up a BBQ underneath him, so that he could smell it.

Think about it. Taunting a starving man with food that he cannot have.

The other thing, the thing that really triggered it for me, is that some idiots are shouting things about his mum. Who died of cancer when he was 21. And people think it's 'a laugh'?

Go David.
Mon 15/09/03 at 18:52
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
Yes, it is a really stupid thing to do. Yes, it's probably just being done for publicity. But I really hope he sticks out the 44 days or whatever.

Why?

Because it would be a big middle finger up to the morons who seem to be everywhere on this fair island.

People are going there, and they are tormenting a man, a real human being, with food. Even if he is doing it to himself, that doesn't bypass the fact that he hasn't eaten for 5 days (or however long it is). And they're, in my opinion, torturing him. Someone even thought it would be a great idea to set up a BBQ underneath him, so that he could smell it.

Think about it. Taunting a starving man with food that he cannot have.

The other thing, the thing that really triggered it for me, is that some idiots are shouting things about his mum. Who died of cancer when he was 21. And people think it's 'a laugh'?

Go David.
Mon 15/09/03 at 18:54
Regular
Yeah but, he is a pr|ck.
Mon 15/09/03 at 18:57
Regular
"It's been a while.."
Yeah he is but you are right. If he managed to stick it out, presuming he isn't getting food somehow, he would be saying 'ha fcuk you all i am stronger than you'. Even though i do hate him i think people are being really mean to him.
Mon 15/09/03 at 18:58
Regular
"Not a Jew"
I'm no fan of Blaine, but the people that intimidate him are fools. It would make more sense to me to do that sort of thing to people that deserve it, like rapists, paedophiles and murderers.
Mon 15/09/03 at 19:13
Regular
Hey- Feel sorry for the man.

He's in a transparent plastic box.

Its been a hot and sunny day.

The word "Greenhouse" comes to mind....
Mon 15/09/03 at 19:20
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
It's not as if he can grow tomatoes.

But the whole taunting him with food thing wouldn't work in my opinion. It's like when you haven't eaten all day and someone waves food in front of you like it torments you. It doesn't. They're just idiots. After a while I believe you start to lose the urge to eat anyway.

And I don't think he would be "all like FCUK you I'm stronger than you", because the taunters haven't done it. If they did they would probably last 44 days. It is easily possible, that's what people forget.
Mon 15/09/03 at 19:30
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Who would do something as ridiculous as this in the public eye and not expect to get jeered and booed!? The British public is far more cynical than the Americans, which is why we don't accept what he is doing as legitimate "entertainment". Throwing stuff at him is beside the point - the organisers must have expected that, otherwise they wouldn't have set up barriers and security. It would have happened in America too. Saying stuff about his Mum is a bit below the belt, but he's probably a bit mental and having a tea party with her right now...
Mon 15/09/03 at 19:30
Regular
Blank wrote:
> It's not as if he can grow tomatoes.

No lol.

I was saying - He's in a transparent box in this weather - Imagine the heat in that box.
Mon 15/09/03 at 19:32
Regular
"It's been a while.."
I have a large conservatory and that's bad enough. Imagine a ting box, with no window or door to open. Fried eggs on toast me thinks.
Mon 15/09/03 at 19:45
Regular
that thing about the people shouting stuff about his mum who died of cancer not long ago particularly disgusted me. it's this 'lads' behaviour that drives me up the wall. y'know, can of lager in hand, in pub, shouting and hooraring, with arms around eachothers shoulders, finishing a bad song and going "WAYYYYYYYYYY". it's. nuts. and i don't like it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.