GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"101 ways to kill SNIPER"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 27/02/01 at 13:56
Regular
I've started a separate thread so that we can also kill off SNIPER in other ways that may not be story related.

And what better way to start it off that the earliest account of SNIPER's death I can find:

Grix Thraves wrote:

A large fan beats in the background of a smoke filled room.

The source of the smoke sits in a dark chair, with a dark face. The light from behind the fan shines in Snipers eyes, so much in fact, that he can hardly see the chair in front of him, which he is asked to sit in. There was quite a distance between his chair, and the dark figure. At least four metres.

The smoking man extinguished himself. He looks up, for the first time since Sniper entered the room.

"You need to know, that I trust you. Whatever happens. I trust your judgement." Snipe says to the shadow.

The dark figure spoke. "So do I. But I'm not sure if I trust yours."

The only sound in the room, was that of the fan beating.

"I understand your anger." Snipe tried to gain control of the conversation. "But petty arguing will get us nowhere, we have to come to a decision."

The sound of the fan seemed to get louder.

"Rushed decisions may cost us everything. We must take time. In your case though, time is running out far too quick."

Why was the fan getting louder? He could feel the noise in his chest now. It was getting unbearable.

Sniper went to speak, but found his lungs unable to co-operate with his demands.

The smoking man, started to smoke again, and his chair swirled around, to face the fan.

Sniper fell to the floor, gasping for breath. The last thing he saw, was the figure of the man, walking over him, paying no attention to him, as his heart sounded for the last time.

Darth Sheepy strode over the body of Admrial Sniper, and continued to stride towards his shuttle, bound for his Super Star Destroyer. It seemed he would have to cope with the disaster after all.

So who's next, either dig up an old one, or make up one of your own until we have 101!
Tue 27/02/01 at 13:56
Regular
"not dead"
I've started a separate thread so that we can also kill off SNIPER in other ways that may not be story related.

And what better way to start it off that the earliest account of SNIPER's death I can find:

Grix Thraves wrote:

A large fan beats in the background of a smoke filled room.

The source of the smoke sits in a dark chair, with a dark face. The light from behind the fan shines in Snipers eyes, so much in fact, that he can hardly see the chair in front of him, which he is asked to sit in. There was quite a distance between his chair, and the dark figure. At least four metres.

The smoking man extinguished himself. He looks up, for the first time since Sniper entered the room.

"You need to know, that I trust you. Whatever happens. I trust your judgement." Snipe says to the shadow.

The dark figure spoke. "So do I. But I'm not sure if I trust yours."

The only sound in the room, was that of the fan beating.

"I understand your anger." Snipe tried to gain control of the conversation. "But petty arguing will get us nowhere, we have to come to a decision."

The sound of the fan seemed to get louder.

"Rushed decisions may cost us everything. We must take time. In your case though, time is running out far too quick."

Why was the fan getting louder? He could feel the noise in his chest now. It was getting unbearable.

Sniper went to speak, but found his lungs unable to co-operate with his demands.

The smoking man, started to smoke again, and his chair swirled around, to face the fan.

Sniper fell to the floor, gasping for breath. The last thing he saw, was the figure of the man, walking over him, paying no attention to him, as his heart sounded for the last time.

Darth Sheepy strode over the body of Admrial Sniper, and continued to stride towards his shuttle, bound for his Super Star Destroyer. It seemed he would have to cope with the disaster after all.

So who's next, either dig up an old one, or make up one of your own until we have 101!
Tue 27/02/01 at 14:25
"High polygon count"
Wookiee Monster was in a good mood as he strode down the street. Whistling a happy tune, he rounded a corner, only to be faced by Sniper lurking there, after revenge for past differences of opinion.

He aimed his high-powered rifle at Wookiee's head, and smirked gleefully as Wookiee shook in fear.

"You've had this coming for a while now, you idiot," said Sniper.

"B... b... but..." Wookiee was too scared to form a coherent sentence.

"Whaaasup?" said Sniper, "Cat got your tongue?"

"I... I... you... please don't!" cried Wookiee.

"Hasta la vista, Wookiee" cried Sniper, as he began to gently squeeze the trigger.

Suddenly, out of nowhere, Wookiee remembered the perfect defence against this type of attack.

In true Tom & Jerry style, he stuck his finger in the barrel of Sniper's gun.

"Ha ha!" laughed Sniper. "What sort of idiot are you?"

The firing pin clicked... and the gun exploded in Sniper's face, killing him instantly.

"I'm the BEST kind of idiot!" said Wookiee, as he strode off into the sunset.
Tue 27/02/01 at 14:31
Regular
"You've upset me"
RBS and Sniper were outside the Saloon sharing a joint.

"You know what Snipe, I'ma give you yer own joint, you've earn;t it after all those failed attempts at Gameaday."

"Thanks rasta" replied Sniper, his eyes greedily fixed on the skank. RBS finshed rolling and Sniper took it, not allowing RBS anytime to go back on his offer.

"heres a light" said RBS, "thanks" replied Sniper, unaware that this was to be his final hour.

Sniper took three puffs and fell to the floor. RBS had spiked the joint with a secret mixture composed of copying and pasting made by Grix.

RBS took off his hat and payed his respects to Sniper. "Adios Amigo..."
Tue 27/02/01 at 15:13
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Unfortunately, SNIPER fell out of a plane.

Fortunately, there was a haystack directly underneath him.

Unfortunately, there was a pitchfork in the haystack.

Fortunately, he missed the pitchfork.

Unfortunately, he missed the haystack.
Tue 27/02/01 at 15:25
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
I think sniping him in the face would be an ironic and extremely painful death, but somehow not elaborate enough. I envisage him being crushed by the sheer amount of gameaday prizes that he has won - no-one hears his screams until he takes his last breath.

No offence.
Tue 27/02/01 at 15:36
Regular
You are complete and utter idiots you know, at someone your age meka i'd expect something more mature from you.
Tue 27/02/01 at 15:48
Regular
"I envisage him being crushed by the sheer amount of gameaday prizes that he has won."

Killing him by sarcasm? I doubt it would work. :D
Tue 27/02/01 at 15:55
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Yeah, let's start a 101 ways to kill meka forum. In fact, lets have one for every regular, so whenever someone gets a bit miffed with someone else, they can go into their forum and suggest how they would like to knock them off. Ideas?
Tue 27/02/01 at 16:01
Regular
It would lose it's charm if it happened to everyone.

It all started back late last year, when we started writing the Special Reserve Star Wars story.

One of the earilest things in the story was the death of Sniper. It wasn't meant to be a hit at him... just expanding the story.

Anyway, FantasyMeister brought him back to life... and before you knew it, Sniper was dead again.

It has become a tradition of the forum.

Let's keep it that way. :D
Tue 27/02/01 at 16:03
Regular
Meka let's kill MR snuggly for that idea okay.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.