GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Young girl fined for having 1,000 downloaded songs..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 11/09/03 at 00:32
Regular
Warning to all Kazaa users... a young girl from America's parents were fined $150,000 for each song downloaded by the girl. She issued a statement claiming she was "sorry" and "didn't wish to hurt the artists she loves so much".

In the end the case was settled out of court for a mere $2,000...

Mere? This is crap... I know some artists are dead against downloading music but I also know many bands don't give a s**t and offer downloadable songs from their very own website...

If more bands did that the better I'd say... beat the money obsessed system!
Tue 16/09/03 at 20:27
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
That was someone else. Out of note, the best Tony Martin albums are Cross Purposes and Headless Cross.
Mon 15/09/03 at 17:02
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
Haven't really heard anything after Dio, didn't like it as much as the Ozzy Sabbath stuff, but it certainly wasn't bad. Ozzy probably couldn't sing as well as Dio, but he had more to him in my opinion. Still, I like Ozzy's and Dio's solo stuff. Maybe I'll download some Tony Martin stuff later. Wasn't that guy who shot the burgulars called Tony Martin?
Mon 15/09/03 at 16:35
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Bob_The_Moose wrote:
> Would that be Ozzy era Sabbath, Dio era Sabbath or the Iommi Solo
> Project Sabbath? (It was really, don't disagree).

I've got mostly stuff from the Ozzy era, but I also have Headless Cross (With Tony Martin on lead vocals) as well, and it really kicks.
Sun 14/09/03 at 15:12
Regular
Bob_The_Moose wrote:
> They didn't single her out, there was a group of people they filed
> lawsuits against.

Lucky that us brits can avoid having our computer monitored.
Sun 14/09/03 at 10:43
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
They didn't single her out, there was a group of people they filed lawsuits against.
Sun 14/09/03 at 10:39
Regular
"Hallelujah"
How gutted must she have felt? Out of all the people in america using Kazaa, she gets sued!
Sun 14/09/03 at 01:33
Regular
Memorandum! wrote:

> I buy my favourite band's albums, because I want them to make more in
> future.
>
>
>
> *I suppose that isn't entirely relevant for all of those bands

You miss the possible money lure here...

To download means that less printing, burning and CD's are needed... in fact to get a song on the web costs next to NOTHING... and CD's will still sell anyway just... possibly... not as much.

So downloading is free... lets say Band A does this... Band A recently did a gig that nearly sold out at The london Astoria... Band A gave out flyers that read "Download our album for FREE at www.banda.com... tell your friends"... similar ad appears in Kerrang and NME.

On their next tour they decide to do the Astoria again but due to such a massive increase in ticket sales they end up doing 2 sold out dates. They advertise their free song downloads (now with ability to "update" your album) and next time perform at Brixton Accademy...

Within 2 years... because Band A's music was free and so many people got to hear it and enjoy it... they play regular world Arena tours and headline music festivals. They create a "die hard" fan group who still buy the CD's simply because they love the band... merchandise through overprice T-shirts, hoodies and other such crap goes through the roof...

Millions is made.

That is the best way to become a HUGE band... the more fans you have the better.
Sat 13/09/03 at 23:38
Regular
Oops

That was meant to say "homes"
Sat 13/09/03 at 23:38
Regular
For a young girl

I mean this is almost as ridiculous as burglars sueing those whose homkes they break into !
Sat 13/09/03 at 22:51
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
The record companies are stupid, you can't stop downloading so they should just go with it and make their money from downloads. No one wants to use a credit card or anything to buy a £1 download so they should use a system similar to pay as you go mobile phones. Buy a 10 song download card in a shop for say a £5 then type in the numer and download whatver song you wnat. The most downloaded songs recieve the most money then from that. Simple.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.