GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gran Turismo"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 10/06/05 at 20:28
Regular
"gran turismo master"
what do you reckon was the best gran turismo out of every single one made whether it be Gran Truismo 1, GT 2 , GT3 A-spec, GT concept Tokeyo - Geneva, GT 4 prologue or Grna Turismo 4.

What do u reckon the maker of Gran Turismo should improve on in GT5 on the PS3, personnaly i think it should be damage on the cars and a proper car wash. Or even if it could be done say have a starting limit of £20,000 to build your own car from scratch right from the drawing board. Also what should they keep from previous GT'S.
What do you think?
Thu 23/06/05 at 23:28
Regular
"The definitive tag"
I was going to go for 100% until I had a bash at some of the dirt tracks. The rally handling really is hard to figure out. The cars never seem to powerslide properly unless you really floor it, but of course if you do that then there's very little to no chance of making it around the corner successfully.

I'm just going to stick the the tarmac races. Particularly looking forward to the 24 hour Nurburgring endurance.
Thu 23/06/05 at 22:30
Regular
"wild thing"
yeah, not worth anything really is it?

@ jammy dodger, yeah, I know that, but still, it's no point trying to do the best. Just as long as you make it on the time board for getting the licence, that's the main thing. Like I said, I'm not bothered with not getting gold/silver. Now that I've completed what I feel is the important parts of the game, I'm just gonna enjoy playing more in the Arcade Mode when I play GT again.
Thu 23/06/05 at 17:22
Regular
"gran turismo master"
as you notice you get a car when completing a licence. If you complete it on silver or gold you get a better car. or something different.
Thu 23/06/05 at 00:43
Regular
"The definitive tag"
It makes sense to go for the bronze. It makes no difference to your 'percentage completed' if you get a bronze or a silver rather than a gold. I got a few golds but I wasn't prepared to go to any great lengths to get a gold on the harder tests when there was no in-game benefit.
Wed 22/06/05 at 23:38
Regular
"wild thing"
Do you mean in doing that in the Driving Missions lol, because I try to do that too and it does work for me some of the time??

Okay, I will do that, all I do is go for the bronze. I do like my Gran Turismo, but I ain't exactly that keen on getting gold. In fact, from all the licenses I achieved in getting, I only got about 3 silvers lol. The rest were all bronze so, I'll be going for that yet again for all the Special Licenses I have yet to get (I've only done Clubman Route, Twin Road Motegi erm. . . I've done about 4/5 for the special license.)

Thanks Chr1s for the help. :)
Wed 22/06/05 at 22:19
Regular
"The definitive tag"
My method of thrashing the hell out of the car always seems to pay off. I drive aggressively i.e. braking later for corners, smashing other cars off the track etc.

Try it, it always seems to work for me.

The tests on different terrain such as ice are a bit trickier, but certainly not impossible. I just tend to limp the car around the circuit for those, the time limit isn't nearly as harsh as you think if you're only going for the bronze.
Wed 22/06/05 at 21:46
Regular
"wild thing"
For the Special Licenses, these ones:

Chamonix
Ice Arena
Costa Da Almafi
Costa D'Aria
Cote D'Azur
Suzuka Circuit
Circuit De L'Sarthe and then of course the
Nurburgring Nordschlieffe

Those are the ones I haven't completed, along with Trial Mountain, although I know I can do that one.
Wed 22/06/05 at 21:16
Regular
"The definitive tag"
Which test is it?
Wed 22/06/05 at 21:14
Regular
"wild thing"
Oh okay then.

@ Chr1s, could give us some tips, basically some help?? I know you said it's not that difficult the Special Licence, but I am finding really difficult. Tell me what you did to complete it.
Wed 22/06/05 at 21:09
Regular
"The definitive tag"
GT2006 wrote:
> I'll show you, it's from a cheat page I found:
>
> Licence Guides:
> To get the License Test Guide which will show you the best route to
> go and when to start braking push R3 during 3, 2, 1, Start.
>
> I push R3, but it don't work???

That's probably because the cheat is total garbage that some loser made up to fool unfortunate people such as yourself. You don't need any guide or outside help anyway, the special licence isn't that difficult.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.