GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gran Turismo"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 10/06/05 at 20:28
Regular
"gran turismo master"
what do you reckon was the best gran turismo out of every single one made whether it be Gran Truismo 1, GT 2 , GT3 A-spec, GT concept Tokeyo - Geneva, GT 4 prologue or Grna Turismo 4.

What do u reckon the maker of Gran Turismo should improve on in GT5 on the PS3, personnaly i think it should be damage on the cars and a proper car wash. Or even if it could be done say have a starting limit of £20,000 to build your own car from scratch right from the drawing board. Also what should they keep from previous GT'S.
What do you think?
Thu 30/06/05 at 23:38
Regular
That's interesting and useful information - cheers down!
Thu 30/06/05 at 21:08
It's not just HP, the car's body deforms, and needs a 50,000 credit body strengthen to fix it.

As the F1 cars don't have a place to get tuned, they can't get strengthened, so I think Polyphony made it so that they don't deform.

Also, you can't give an oil change to an F1 car.
Thu 30/06/05 at 20:59
Regular
"The definitive tag"
HP can be regained with a simple oil change (I think), so there's no reason not to use a car.
Thu 30/06/05 at 16:43
I'm pretty sure the F1 car doesn't lose HP.

Not sure though.
Thu 30/06/05 at 11:00
Regular
Chr1s wrote:
> Win the El Capitan endurance race. Then you get the '89 Toyota
> Minolta which is one of the fastest cars on the game.

I have that car, but for some reason the B-Spec guy can't win still. The tyres seem to wear down far more quickly than the other cars tyres do. I even drop the pace down to "1" or "2" for safety, but they still burn up. I'll try again though since you mentioned the car can do it. I may also change the tyres to something harder, but that'll sacrifice a lot of pace. Alternatively, I can let the B-Spec guy handle things for a while and every hour or two I can take over for a bit and drag the car back into contention. Could become quite a hassle though.

Thanks for the advice though! Maybe my B-Spec driver just isn't experienced enough yet.
Wed 29/06/05 at 15:47
Regular
"The definitive tag"
ssxpro wrote:
> I'm very impressed that you've done all the 24 hour endurance races
> already. I don't really fancy the idea of doing the thing myself, so
> would like to use B-Spec mode. One was easy, but I can't find a car
> that will win the other 24 hour races (F1 car might, but not keen on
> wearing that out).

Win the El Capitan endurance race. Then you get the '89 Toyota Minolta which is one of the fastest cars on the game. Something ridiculous like 900 BHP. It can pretty much wipe the floor with everything except the F1 cars.
Wed 29/06/05 at 14:42
Regular
I'm very impressed that you've done all the 24 hour endurance races already. I don't really fancy the idea of doing the thing myself, so would like to use B-Spec mode. One was easy, but I can't find a car that will win the other 24 hour races (F1 car might, but not keen on wearing that out). Even if I start the race myself, run off and hide a little, then let the computer take over, I come back a few hours later to find the car steadily falling behind.

On the S-tests, have you tried corner sliding in the Ice Arena? Its cheating really and takes some patience at first, but if you get the right angle, you can use side of the road to turn you. Normally it'd be test over, but as long as you grind rather than bang, it should be possible to get round the tricky corners at a reasonable speed.
Sat 25/06/05 at 03:59
Regular
"wild thing"
Cool, looks better than it did on GT3 A-Spec.
Fri 24/06/05 at 17:45
Regular
"gran turismo master"
GT2006 wrote:
They dont have the Super Speedway from GT3 on
> there either. . . . .or is that the Motegi Super Speedway??

Yes you are correct it is called Motegi Super Speedway.It is now looks bigger and a wider track.
Fri 24/06/05 at 16:25
Regular
"wild thing"
Speaking of rally races, the one I miss from GT3 A-Spec is Smokey Mountain. I liked racing on that one, makes me wonder why now they dont have it on GT4? They dont have the Super Speedway from GT3 on there either. . . . .or is that the Motegi Super Speedway??

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.