GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Animal Rights"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 06/09/03 at 12:10
Regular
"may contain nuts"
It may seem quite controversial to argue against animal rights but I have a raging feminist girl in my college class who argues about absolutely everything and she has pushed me to the psychological limit and provoked a bit of deep thinking on my part.

Since the dinosaurs perished and mankind became the dominant species on Earth, we have remained unchallenged. Well over 2000 years have gone by and we haven’t had a challenge to our power, a single species (namely us) has pretty much unlimited power. People talk about how intelligent dolphins and dogs are and how they are almost as clever as humans and even show human traits so should be treated equally. A few hundred years ago before the slave trade was abolished, black people were treated worse than animals despite the fact that they were in fact human.

Before the world decides to give animals all these special rights I think we need to sort out human rights before. Racial hatred is at an all time high and before animals start getting treated the same as humans, other humans need to start respecting each other and treat each other as equals.

If animals are smart enough to understand they aren’t treated equally then why don’t they go ahead and do something about it? Why, because they aren’t that smart. I am against animal cruelty for sure, I love animals and hate so see battery farming, fox hunting and animal testing going ahead but we need to develop a perspective. Our fellow man is more important than any animals. No matter how much you love your little pet hamster, a human life is more valuable.

I’m interested to listen to your views on the matter, so go on, discuss.
Mon 08/09/03 at 20:46
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Rape is common amongst animals. We're not alone in that, just as we're not alone in everything else you mentioned.
Mon 08/09/03 at 20:42
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
That's what I say!
But with less swearing and praying for nuclear holocaust.
Mon 08/09/03 at 20:17
"Darkness, always"
Ah yes, because humans have clever brains, we deserve more respect than everything else.

Well, riddle me this Batman - a human beig is born with no arms and retains the mental age of a five year old at the age of thirty. Does this person, being physically and mentally inferior, incapable of building "tools of survival", WOMD or farming wheat, deserve less respect because they were born with attributes that they cannot change?

Of course not. Quite the opposite. We pump huge amounts of money in making such people comfortable and content with their lives, afford them luxuries they would never otherwise have, and millions of people the world over will chip in to ensure they live a good life.

So what makes a dog different? Indeed, some dogs are more intelligent than some unfortunate humans, some fish can learn fifty times faster than cats, and rival humans in their trial and error approach to self-education. Believe it or not, humans are NOT the only creatures on this earth to fahion tools, huge proportions of the animal kingdom do likewise, but we choose to ignore it because we are "superior".

And yet, for all our superiority, we are ever at the mercy of animals. Jump into south african waters and watch the fish tear you to ribbons, hang around the banks of the nile and let the crocs break you up limb from limb, stroll in the sands of the sahara desert, and fall prey to snakes and arachnids, go to Komodo and square up with a dragon, whatever. Superior? When so many creatures of nature can best us so easily? Don;t you believe it. Sure, we can speak, so can dolphins. We can write, so can chimps, we can fashion tools, so can fish found on australian reefs, we can build homes, so can birds, bees, beavers and bears. Very little about humans is unique, except our incredible arrogance, ignorance of nature and capacity for unrepentant destruction.

If you ask me, most animals are far far superior to humans. A shark will never lie to you. A dog won't make promises it can't keep. A jellyfish won't punch you in the face to look clever in front of his mates. A silverback gorilla won't invade your country to prove a political point.

You want an example of how humans are worse than pretty much all animals? I'll give you one. Rape. How many documentaries have you seen where creatures mate by grabbing some unsuspecting female, push her into a dark corner and have their way without any form of consent, leaving their victim battered, bruised and carrying emotional scars that will last her lifetime?

You don't, because animals are civilised enough to at least have rituals around that sort of thing, and it's pretty much all consentual. Humans will lie, decieve, betray, brutalise, bully, destroy and decimate their way to what they want. No other creature on this earth is capable of sinking nearly as low as a human being. Should we show creatures equal respect? No. We should show them more so. We have raped their lands, destroyed their cultures, their habitats, their pride. We have turned them into battery operated feeding farms, cramped objects to point and stare at, trinkets of amusement.

I am often very ashamed to be human. And every time I see someone with the sheer gall to call us superior it breaks my heart.

We are superior because we so readily destroy, yet which is mightier? The pen, or the sword?
Mon 08/09/03 at 17:32
Regular
Goatboy wrote:
> What are this weeks lottery numbers?

I predict a range of 6 numbers between 1 and 49, with one more from the remaining numbers between 1 and 49 to be the bonus ball.
Mon 08/09/03 at 16:49
"Darth Vader 3442321"
The last time we gave animals rights they duly elected Daniel the Downtrodden Donkey from the "It's us or the glue factory donkey sanctuary", as mayor of Londinium. He was doing a fine job but got caught up in a scandal involving Bella the beach donkey from Grimbsy and a Shire Horse called T-bone.
Mon 08/09/03 at 16:48
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
What are this weeks lottery numbers?
Mon 08/09/03 at 16:47
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
maddmun wrote:
> But, 100 years, for one accident, if it happens again, it'll probably
> be worse, and, being a perfect target in a war, I would not doubt
> that it will happen again.

Wrong, why ? If in any war one side targets civilian utilities then the other side simply targets their as well, leading to an escaltion. Any future war will be constrained by both sides wanting to keep fighting at a conventional weapons level, and not to go nuclear.
Mon 08/09/03 at 16:46
Regular
Thought you were probally a he, but you never know!
Mon 08/09/03 at 16:43
Regular
"may contain nuts"
Thought you were a she but you can never tell, some guys on here have sort of girly names.

I am a he.
Mon 08/09/03 at 16:39
Regular
I'm a she! What about you?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.