GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Animal Rights"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 06/09/03 at 12:10
Regular
"may contain nuts"
It may seem quite controversial to argue against animal rights but I have a raging feminist girl in my college class who argues about absolutely everything and she has pushed me to the psychological limit and provoked a bit of deep thinking on my part.

Since the dinosaurs perished and mankind became the dominant species on Earth, we have remained unchallenged. Well over 2000 years have gone by and we haven’t had a challenge to our power, a single species (namely us) has pretty much unlimited power. People talk about how intelligent dolphins and dogs are and how they are almost as clever as humans and even show human traits so should be treated equally. A few hundred years ago before the slave trade was abolished, black people were treated worse than animals despite the fact that they were in fact human.

Before the world decides to give animals all these special rights I think we need to sort out human rights before. Racial hatred is at an all time high and before animals start getting treated the same as humans, other humans need to start respecting each other and treat each other as equals.

If animals are smart enough to understand they aren’t treated equally then why don’t they go ahead and do something about it? Why, because they aren’t that smart. I am against animal cruelty for sure, I love animals and hate so see battery farming, fox hunting and animal testing going ahead but we need to develop a perspective. Our fellow man is more important than any animals. No matter how much you love your little pet hamster, a human life is more valuable.

I’m interested to listen to your views on the matter, so go on, discuss.
Wed 10/09/03 at 09:47
"Darth Vader 3442321"
Mr T vs Gentle Ben.
Wed 10/09/03 at 09:39
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
My favourite scrap would still be between a Polar Bear and Wolf from Gladiators
Wed 10/09/03 at 09:37
"Darth Vader 3442321"
I've been obsessed with "who'd win between" animal fights since fat Bob on Men Behaving Badly was at the wedding reception telling guests that "in a straight fight between a cat and a weasel, you'd have to put your money on the cat, unless it comes on too strong at the start then you'd be a fool to back it". My mates find this obsession both sad and amusing.

When the went abroad on hols a couple of years ago, they were in bar and some nature documentary started. Within ten minutes they were howling with laughter as the theme of the show was bascially scraps between different animals. Thus a Honey badger would be wandering along minding its own business and suddenly a Racoon would leap on it from the undergrowth and then fight for ages.

From what they tell me you don't want to get a Groundhog riled. They may look placid but if you're a stupid enough Lynx, thinking you're all that and giving it large, you've got a big lock, stock on its way.
Wed 10/09/03 at 09:26
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I've seen cats fight as well.
And dogs
And once I watched a camel fight a horse, the horse won with a roundhouse kick the likes of which I have yet to see.
Wed 10/09/03 at 09:23
"Darth Vader 3442321"
NO! Two typos there of real quality...
Wed 10/09/03 at 09:22
"Darth Vader 3442321"
maddmun wrote:

> Back to our inferiority. How often do you see an animal war between
> the same species? We are the only species idiotic enough to try and
> kill pur own species so violently, just because we want to get their
> oil.

Er where do I start. Groups of Chimpanzees fight other gangs all the time in order to secure resources, this is warfare. Primates ate perhaps a bad example to use as we are decended from them. However Merekats also have fights over territory as do many species of Ants. Dolphins fight over schools, sometimes raping the lady phins of the losig army and I'm sure that there are many, many more examples.

The truth is that in order to sustain your economic growth and to ensure that your standard of living is maintained; you have to steal other people's resources. If, like everyone is insisting, we are not superior to animals them why is this an issue? If the West wants oil why not take it by force? Under the terms of survival of the fittest: it's them or us.
Wed 10/09/03 at 09:19
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
maddmun wrote:
>
> Back to our inferiority. How often do you see an animal war between
> the same species? We are the only species idiotic enough to try and
> kill pur own species so violently, just because we want to get their
> oil.

Ants. I watched a colony of red ants battling with a colony of black ants over the course of a week when I was on holiday once (erm...not for the whole week, obviously). It was carnage...
Tue 09/09/03 at 17:21
Regular
If you wanna kill a croc, find Steve Irwin, and then ask 'im how to calm the beast. There.

No heavy machinery reqired. It's always easier to find the less dangerous way out, rather than waste our precious minerals on weapons which will just cause more death and destruction.

Back to our inferiority. How often do you see an animal war between the same species? We are the only species idiotic enough to try and kill pur own species so violently, just because we want to get their oil.
Tue 09/09/03 at 17:04
"Darth Vader 3442321"
But he dissed me and my Tank.
Tue 09/09/03 at 17:02
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
The sagacious one wrote:

>
> The mind of a genius if he was indeed a spastic.

Aw...leave him alone (or at least stop saying things like that which make me laugh...)! Expressing oneself via the written word isn't easy at times. I always think it's rather brave of people to do so in public when they're perhaps not the best in world at use of language, and it should be encouraged.

I've read and re-read that, and it still sounds patronising. It's not meant to! Honest!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.