GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GTA on Xbox Confirmed"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 03/09/03 at 16:48
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
Rockstar / Take Two Press Release (entirety)

-

"Rockstar Games' Grand Theft Auto 3 and Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Double Pack To Ship This Fall On Xbox and PlayStation®2

September 3, 2003: Rockstar Games, the world-renowned publishing division of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO), announced today that it plans to ship the award-winning Grand Theft Auto 3 and Grand Theft Auto: Vice City as a "double pack" for both the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system and the Xbox® video game system from Microsoft. The Grand Theft Auto "double pack" is set to hit shelves in North America on October 22, 2003 for PlayStation®2 and on November 4, 2003 for Xbox.

Developed by Rockstar North, the Grand Theft Auto franchise has long been applauded and praised for its expansive and open-ended gameplay, cinematic scripts, and epic soundtracks. Since its introduction in 1997, the franchise has received countless awards of excellence and universal critical acclaim. With sales of more than 25 million units worldwide, Grand Theft Auto is one of the most recognized franchises in the history of the videogame marketplace."

-

Rejoice, 18+ XB fans ;0
Mon 08/09/03 at 22:32
Regular
Don't know because there is so much bull sheet flying around I don't know where to duck! I would be interested to know where they have said graphical improvements and new levels wll be made though, as well as the part in which they said it will now be delayed until next year.
Mon 08/09/03 at 22:27
Regular
gynn wrote:
> It has been confirmed that xbox and ps2 will be making a gta3 vicecity
> game for these consoles it has also been confirmed that the xbox will
> be much more graphical.
> I think that this game will have new sountracks and the old ones.
> This game will also have new vehicles and missions but i havnt heard
> much about this.

What the..? I wouldn't be surprised if you just made that up!

"Confirmed"? Do you have a source?

Oh, and what's this about the double pack coming out in 2004?
Mon 08/09/03 at 20:08
Regular
Its one bloody game, hardly good at advertising are you? Its even planned for the Cube in Japan so it will be available for import soon enough. Personally I can't wait for Manhunt. Possible system seller.
Mon 08/09/03 at 19:57
Regular
"es argh"
ßora† SagdiyeV wrote:

>
> Now you are officially completely useless!!!! :D

Erm???

Pro Evo 3?
Mon 08/09/03 at 19:10
Regular
"\\"
Dringo wrote:
> If the price drops to £100 I'll probably get this for christmas
> with the 2 GTA games...

Does everyone know it's actually not out until 2004?
Mon 08/09/03 at 18:34
Regular
If the price drops to £100 I'll probably get this for christmas with the 2 GTA games... I can't keep playing on my brothers X-box... which it now belongs too...
Mon 08/09/03 at 17:24
Regular
"Bail down before me"
It has been confirmed that xbox and ps2 will be making a gta3 vicecity game for these consoles it has also been confirmed that the xbox will be much more graphical.
I think that this game will have new sountracks and the old ones.
This game will also have new vehicles and missions but i havnt heard much about this.
Mon 08/09/03 at 01:01
Regular
"8==="
Just a finished version of an unfinished PS2 game. ;D
Sun 07/09/03 at 21:03
Regular
On what evidence? Konami blured on about the power of the Xbox and blah blah blah with Metal Gear but nothing came about it.
Sun 07/09/03 at 18:32
Regular
I believe they will give the Xbox version a little graphical push - Nothing drastic mind.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.