GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PlayStation 2: 26/01 - 25/02"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 25/02/01 at 12:46
Regular
That's right sports fans, I've had my PS2 a month and the bleedin' thing has died on me. Well, more specifically, the DVD Drive has gone t***-up.

I've phoned Sony and should be getting a replacement on Tuesday.

-S
Tue 09/06/09 at 21:42
"The Boss Lady"
'Malle’s unsentimental portrayal of a French boarding school during the holocaust' (2009)

Montage Film Reviews freelancer Ian Viggars MA (Hons) BA (Hons) has written a review of the film 'Au Revoir Les Enfants' 1987 (dir. Louis Malle) ; in which he commends Au Revoir Les Enfants as offering a brilliantly unsentimental view of life in a boarding school during the last days of the Nazi occupation of World War Two. He also look at its subtle depiction of boarding school life and the emerging friendship between a housed Jewish child and a French student and compares it to other films that have explored similar situations and settings.

To read the review see here
Thu 01/03/01 at 14:52
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Without a doubt, but you know that he pays someone for their expertise and experience to help him out in times of trouble.
And, if all else fails, just floods the market.

So to speak
Thu 01/03/01 at 14:48
Bill Gates always struck me as a single player.
Thu 01/03/01 at 13:58
Regular
"not dead"
LOL :-)
Thu 01/03/01 at 13:55
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Well, if you have kids, that means you played the best game there is, and no delays (quite the opposite sometimes), 100% adrenalin rush and you always, without fail, never ever lose at that game.
Ok, you might not always come 1st, but that's a good thing and you will be talked about amongst her friends.

So, relax and enjoy the best pastime there is, and pray that Bill Gates never finds a way into that market.
Thu 01/03/01 at 13:25
Regular
"not dead"
I told you so, that's why I won't get one ever.

That and the fact that marriage + children = £0 Disposable income :-(
Thu 01/03/01 at 13:13
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Well, I can say for certain that when the PS3 is finally available I won't be going near it until I know this sort of thing wont happen again.

And I'm wary as a wary thing being especially cautious with my "new" PS2.
It works ok, but so did the old one for 8 weeks.

And yes, it blows hard that those of us that got the 1st shipments, waited and paid like happy consumers are the ones turning the box over in our hands and making a keening noise because it wont work. Whilst Dreamcast people and those that didnt get one sit back, arms folded and snort derisively at us.

Ah well, skin is thicker than that so let the "I told you so, that's why I won't get one ever" comments roll in
Thu 01/03/01 at 12:53
No it doesn't, but it's the risk you take being an early adopter. Makes you wonder if the people who have been affected will be so ready to get the PS3 (when it eventually arrives). Any comments from those who are on their second PS2? Once bitten, twice shy?
Thu 01/03/01 at 12:50
"High polygon count"
> The ironic thing is, that the machine's with the worst faults
> ie the early models would have gone to the most loyal and keen PS
> fans. Doesn't seem fair does it?

A very good point. Fortunately mine is still going strong (and relatively silently).

I am beginning to wonder how long for, but I certainly don't regret the purchase - and that's the honest truth.
Thu 01/03/01 at 12:44
It really does serve me right for feeling smug as everybody elses faded and died. I'd understand if there was just one glitch causing the failures but there seems tobe several.

Is there any more than these?:

1. Power unit failure
2. Unable to read disks
3. Gauging lumps out of disks
4. Drawer won't open

This is appalling, and grateful as I am for the speed of the replacement being sent (died at 7pm last night, replacement coming tomorrow am), how could this have been allowed to happen?

The ironic thing is, that the machine's with the worst faults ie the early models would have gone to the most loyal and keen PS fans. Doesn't seem fair does it?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.