GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PlayStation 2: 26/01 - 25/02"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 25/02/01 at 12:46
Regular
That's right sports fans, I've had my PS2 a month and the bleedin' thing has died on me. Well, more specifically, the DVD Drive has gone t***-up.

I've phoned Sony and should be getting a replacement on Tuesday.

-S
Sun 25/02/01 at 12:46
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
That's right sports fans, I've had my PS2 a month and the bleedin' thing has died on me. Well, more specifically, the DVD Drive has gone t***-up.

I've phoned Sony and should be getting a replacement on Tuesday.

-S
Sun 25/02/01 at 13:09
Regular
"Palace 5-0 Brighton"
I hope it will arrive on Tuesday for you then! Sony have been doing very well with replacing damaged PS2's.
Sun 25/02/01 at 14:14
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
It appears that way doesn't it? To Sony's credit, they were extremeley helpful when I contacted them this morning.

Roll on Tuesday!

-S
Mon 26/02/01 at 15:35
Another one bites the dust....

How many people on here are on their second PS2 now?
Mon 26/02/01 at 15:51
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Me!!!

Dec 22nd - Feb 23rd.

"Unable to read disc" was the message, almost came to blows in T**co replacing it, no joy, phoned Sony and getting one Wed.

But, to be honest, I can't force enthusiasm for it anymore.
So hurrah for Sony for supplying shoddy systems and replacing them quickly.
(Irony overload imminent)
Mon 26/02/01 at 16:02
Is this Sony's way of saying 'We shipped X consoles this month' - translating to 'We actually sold X/2 maybe X/3 consoles this month'.

I'm still on my first machine, but I'm beginning to wonder if it's only a matter of time.....
Mon 26/02/01 at 16:20
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
You could always "interfere" with your machine and get a new one, this time checked and free from gliches.

Just a suggestion though, obviously I wouldn't condone people ripping machine off from Sony just in case their's might not work in...ah hell yes I am.

Trash your system, phone SCEE and get a new one, that way you know it'll be ok.

Beats spending £300 and finding one day, for no good reason that it will not work at all.

I may be a little bitter right now.
Mon 26/02/01 at 16:38
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
I was receiving the same error message as you Goatboy, although there wasn't actually nothing wrong with my games, since the PS2 was working fine on the Friday whilst playing Tekken Tag.

Popped in ISS, that worked fine then I popped in SSX and BOOM! the drive died, it started making this clicking sound and was promptly booted to the Browser/Configuration Menu.

Oh well, tomorrow I *should* be receiving my replacement.

-S
Mon 26/02/01 at 16:44
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
Something I forgot to add - does anyone find it strange that the PS2's that have gone wrong have come a cropper with the same symptoms (I.e. Faulty Drive) and they saw fit to go wrong on the Friday?

Because I know of someone else who's PS2 went wrong on the Friday too. Oh, and a friend of mine who was visiting his local EB said that the Demo machine there went completely up-the-wall on the Saturday too.

Coincedence?

-S
Mon 26/02/01 at 16:45
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Same with me.
Played WWF Smackdown 2 for a couple of hours, it paused and I reset it, fine. Paused again an hour later and got to start up section with config etc, and a clicking/whirring noise.
Oh how I laughed, the chuckles at having it stop for no reason whatsoever.
And the response from a major supermarket chain kept me rolling in smiles as well.

And SCEE are replacing it Wed.
Hurrah, apparently with a different laser system and improved drive mechanism.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.