GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"A couple of questions about theft"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 30/08/03 at 21:51
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
See if any of you can answer these.

1. Terry, a great chocoholic goes to Tesco and selects £9.50 worth of mars bars from the confectionary display. He queues at the checkout, however the queues are huge and he decides he is in a hurry, walks to the front of the queue, leaves £10 on the till and walks out of the shop. He does not speak to the checkout operator who only notices him as he leaves the building. In these circumstances is Terry guilty of theft?

A) Yes – even the willingness to pay for the chocolate does not negate liability for the offence.

B) Yes – he dishonestly appropriates the chocolate when he walks past the checkout.

C) No – he has not appropriated the chocolate within the meaning of the theft Act 1968

D) No – he has not acted dishonestly in these circumstances.

2. Belldandy, a local mischievous miscreant decides to go for an afternoon shoplifting session. He walks into his local supermarket with the intention of stealing a bottle of Toilet Duck to go with his dinner. He locates said item, removes it from the shelf and discreetly slips it into his purple flairs. He then quietly struts out whilst combing his quaff.

At what point does Bell commit theft?

A) When he enters the supermarket.
B) When he lifts the bottle off the shelf.
C) When he hides the bottle.
D) When he struts out of the shop without paying.

Go on, give em a go.
Sat 30/08/03 at 23:21
Regular
"Laughingstock"
But how do you prove "intention"?
Sat 30/08/03 at 23:23
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Black Glove wrote:
> But how do you prove "intention"?

With questioning.

Very rarely will a person be arrested until they walk out of the store. But that doesn’t mean they haven’t committed the offence until that point.
Sat 30/08/03 at 23:24
Regular
*Sets the dolly alight*
Sat 30/08/03 at 23:24
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
You can commit burglary without even stealing anything. Do any of you know how?
Sat 30/08/03 at 23:28
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Is it just me, or is it getting hot in here...

Are you sure that's a harmless dolly there?
Sat 30/08/03 at 23:29
Regular
"The Red Shift"
by borowing and not returning.
Sat 30/08/03 at 23:29
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
I un-intentionally done this.

E - Say, it's getting hot in here...
Sat 30/08/03 at 23:30
Regular
"The Red Shift"
English_Bloke wrote:
> You can commit burglary without even stealing anything. Do any of you
> know how?

using someone elses match without asking.
Sat 30/08/03 at 23:30
Regular
*STAB STAB STAB STAB*
Sat 30/08/03 at 23:31
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Who is "E"?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.