GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"A couple of questions about theft"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 30/08/03 at 21:51
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
See if any of you can answer these.

1. Terry, a great chocoholic goes to Tesco and selects £9.50 worth of mars bars from the confectionary display. He queues at the checkout, however the queues are huge and he decides he is in a hurry, walks to the front of the queue, leaves £10 on the till and walks out of the shop. He does not speak to the checkout operator who only notices him as he leaves the building. In these circumstances is Terry guilty of theft?

A) Yes – even the willingness to pay for the chocolate does not negate liability for the offence.

B) Yes – he dishonestly appropriates the chocolate when he walks past the checkout.

C) No – he has not appropriated the chocolate within the meaning of the theft Act 1968

D) No – he has not acted dishonestly in these circumstances.

2. Belldandy, a local mischievous miscreant decides to go for an afternoon shoplifting session. He walks into his local supermarket with the intention of stealing a bottle of Toilet Duck to go with his dinner. He locates said item, removes it from the shelf and discreetly slips it into his purple flairs. He then quietly struts out whilst combing his quaff.

At what point does Bell commit theft?

A) When he enters the supermarket.
B) When he lifts the bottle off the shelf.
C) When he hides the bottle.
D) When he struts out of the shop without paying.

Go on, give em a go.
Sat 30/08/03 at 21:51
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
See if any of you can answer these.

1. Terry, a great chocoholic goes to Tesco and selects £9.50 worth of mars bars from the confectionary display. He queues at the checkout, however the queues are huge and he decides he is in a hurry, walks to the front of the queue, leaves £10 on the till and walks out of the shop. He does not speak to the checkout operator who only notices him as he leaves the building. In these circumstances is Terry guilty of theft?

A) Yes – even the willingness to pay for the chocolate does not negate liability for the offence.

B) Yes – he dishonestly appropriates the chocolate when he walks past the checkout.

C) No – he has not appropriated the chocolate within the meaning of the theft Act 1968

D) No – he has not acted dishonestly in these circumstances.

2. Belldandy, a local mischievous miscreant decides to go for an afternoon shoplifting session. He walks into his local supermarket with the intention of stealing a bottle of Toilet Duck to go with his dinner. He locates said item, removes it from the shelf and discreetly slips it into his purple flairs. He then quietly struts out whilst combing his quaff.

At what point does Bell commit theft?

A) When he enters the supermarket.
B) When he lifts the bottle off the shelf.
C) When he hides the bottle.
D) When he struts out of the shop without paying.

Go on, give em a go.
Sat 30/08/03 at 21:53
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Meh.

D)
D)

*hopes*
Sat 30/08/03 at 21:56
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Hmm. Yup. This certainly clears things up.
Sat 30/08/03 at 21:57
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
The general public are misinformed idiots?
"Yes"
Sat 30/08/03 at 21:59
Regular
"The Red Shift"
> A) Yes – even the willingness to pay for the chocolate does not
> negate liability for the offence.

> A) When he enters the supermarket.
> B) When he lifts the bottle off the shelf.

because he has commenced with the will to.

> C) When he hides the bottle and struts his stuff out of the shop.

or more likely. when he has done a dishonest action.
Sat 30/08/03 at 21:59
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Well, I can't give you the answers now. That would make it a little too easy for anyone else that wants to try them.

And I can't be bothered to type up any more.
Sat 30/08/03 at 22:00
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Stop sitting on the fence Clazon. Pick one for each, and one only!
Sat 30/08/03 at 22:03
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
BUT I WANT TO KNOW IF I WAS RIGHT OR WRONG NOW DAMMIT!!!

ARRRGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

I'LL KILL YOU ALL!!!!

bah, now i have to ruin the effect by not using capitals for a few lines, i think this should do.
Sat 30/08/03 at 22:05
Regular
"The Red Shift"
my 2 answers are a and d.

i watched this scotish police program and they say that the second the guy leaves the store, they can confront him.
Sat 30/08/03 at 22:06
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
The answers will appear here later on. So make sure you are here at that time.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.