GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"A couple of questions about theft"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 30/08/03 at 21:51
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
See if any of you can answer these.

1. Terry, a great chocoholic goes to Tesco and selects £9.50 worth of mars bars from the confectionary display. He queues at the checkout, however the queues are huge and he decides he is in a hurry, walks to the front of the queue, leaves £10 on the till and walks out of the shop. He does not speak to the checkout operator who only notices him as he leaves the building. In these circumstances is Terry guilty of theft?

A) Yes – even the willingness to pay for the chocolate does not negate liability for the offence.

B) Yes – he dishonestly appropriates the chocolate when he walks past the checkout.

C) No – he has not appropriated the chocolate within the meaning of the theft Act 1968

D) No – he has not acted dishonestly in these circumstances.

2. Belldandy, a local mischievous miscreant decides to go for an afternoon shoplifting session. He walks into his local supermarket with the intention of stealing a bottle of Toilet Duck to go with his dinner. He locates said item, removes it from the shelf and discreetly slips it into his purple flairs. He then quietly struts out whilst combing his quaff.

At what point does Bell commit theft?

A) When he enters the supermarket.
B) When he lifts the bottle off the shelf.
C) When he hides the bottle.
D) When he struts out of the shop without paying.

Go on, give em a go.
Sun 31/08/03 at 16:48
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
English_Bloke, you're the cop. What are you asking us for? You should know already!
Sun 31/08/03 at 15:35
Regular
"Baros!!!"
I'd go for A and D.
Sun 31/08/03 at 15:29
Regular
English_Bloke wrote:
>
> Were there many witnesses?
No one saw them actually beat him up(It was like nearly 2am) but the son of the nice laydee has put a name to the face and made a statement
Sun 31/08/03 at 13:22
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
English_Bloke wrote:
> Belldandy wrote:
> Ready the pitchforks Myst, besides all the police do in Nottingham
> is
> pick on drivers...
>
> Comments like that make me angry. And when I get angry, I need to
> spin around on my computer chair until I fall off to calm me down!

It's right though. I see more police on duty in the town I live in that when I go to Nottingham, we have plenty of speed cameras though in Nottingham. There was a repeated program on last week following Notts police, and it made hilarious viewing, unless you lived in Nottingham of course :P
Sun 31/08/03 at 12:47
Regular
"118 118"
1. Technically A but morally I go with D

2. D
Sun 31/08/03 at 12:46
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Mystique wrote:
> Yeah he knows one of them. Total dick head.
> There was no reason at all for it, he was just walking home, they
> were following, and they just started on him.

Were there many witnesses?
Sun 31/08/03 at 12:45
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Belldandy wrote:
> Ready the pitchforks Myst, besides all the police do in Nottingham is
> pick on drivers...

Comments like that make me angry. And when I get angry, I need to spin around on my computer chair until I fall off to calm me down!

*Spins*
Sun 31/08/03 at 12:45
Regular
Yeah he knows one of them. Total dick head.
There was no reason at all for it, he was just walking home, they were following, and they just started on him.
Sun 31/08/03 at 12:44
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
Ready the pitchforks Myst, besides all the police do in Nottingham is pick on drivers...
Sun 31/08/03 at 12:40
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Sounds nasty.

You said he knows them? Does he have any idea why they did it? Other then being dumb.

There is no such thing as a mugging, it's called street robbery, but it is basically a mugging.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.