GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Expensiveola"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 28/08/03 at 15:45
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Seeing as nobody ever checks this forum anyway to get feedback from the customers, I doubt they'll ever see this...

Still. It may help a few people from making the mistake of signing up.

It's got to the point now where their service just seems to be taking the p*ss in some cases.

Like when I had about 25meg worth of stuff deleted from my site, they didn't bother to contact people about it, they knew of the problem as Snuggly said he'd talked to people about it but there was no update on the service page.

It later turns out that they had uploaded an index.shtml page to the account of everyone who was affected telling them what had happened. This would be great but my index.php page didn't get deleted, so I wouldn't have seen the page uploaded. (monkey_man, could you see if you've had the page uploaded next time you log onto your site please?)

Now I phone up to change the nameservers on a domain, this is where things get stupid, they want me to fill in a form telling them the details now. I can't do it by email, even if I tell them EVERY BIT of my details including my passwords because someone may be lying, pretending to be me... I personally think it's because they can now charge me a £3.51 admin charge for doing this! It's also per domain! That's the higest admin charge for changing a couple of words I've ever known!

Other hosts do it for free, or even let you do it yourself. But, FREEola charge for this service as it's another way to get money.

Oh, you've gotta dial-up still to access your webspace and pay extra for MySQL. Really good deal there. Why don't they understand or listen to the countless number of pleas I've seen on here for them to launch a new service. I'm pretty sure that if they were to charge £100 to let people access their space all the time from any connection and keep the unlimited deals, plus add the MySQL into it, they'd get far more than they currently do.

OneandOne.co.uk do hosting, for £8.99 a month you get:
1 GB Web space
300 Email accounts
10,000 MB/month traffic
25 sub domains
MySQL databases

£100 a year from Freeola would be £8.33 a month and would easily beat that, apart from the subdomains. There are other things like log files which could be included too to attract people to the service but as far as webspace and bandwidth goes, this package will easily beat some of the other paid for packages...

Maybe they could introduce other cheaper paid for packages?

As for the deal with Freeola broadband, they've got something good there at least...

Still, they need to carry out some MAJOR changes with their service to attract more customers. Being cheaper and attracting more customers will benefit them far far more than just increasing their prices to force all the existing customers into debt...
Wed 03/09/03 at 16:32
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
Like I said before, I have NTL BB/TV/Unlimited Phone calls, all for £46 a month, for price NTL can't be beaten and the phone/TV never play up. BB has it's moments but nothing that's never been solved by switching it off for 5 mins and then plugging it in again.
Wed 03/09/03 at 15:29
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
NTL are the worst of the worst. I've had broadband, phone and TV with them and they all suck badly. Except the TV and phone - they're OK. their Customer Service is well below par though, for such a big company. I know how big FREEOLA is, and they do a very good job when put in perspective with the amount of people using their ISP and web services. The domain names are competitively priced, and if you get BroadBand with them you get unlimited web space with uploads at BB speeds! That to me is a really good deal. Try telling that to my parents though - they won't get BB unless it's with NTL! They read the Daily Mail, fer christ's sake!!!!
Wed 03/09/03 at 12:09
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
But you build new things for the website.

Therefore you're a builder.
Wed 03/09/03 at 11:02
Regular
Or maybee the fact that i'm God and not a childrens cartoon character?
Tue 02/09/03 at 18:44
Regular
"You Will Bow To Me"
Quazi wrote:
> Why cant you call urself bob the builder

Copyright infringement :o)
Tue 02/09/03 at 17:38
Regular
Tom wrote:
> Because, although is name is bob, he doesn't happen to be a builder?

I dunno....web-site builder....would be pretty kool!
Tue 02/09/03 at 17:18
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Because, although is name is bob, he doesn't happen to be a builder?
Tue 02/09/03 at 16:40
Regular
Why cant you call urself bob the builder
Tue 02/09/03 at 13:50
Regular
The thing is different people have different requirements and manage to get different levels of service. When I was on Freeola support (in the good old days) I had a customer phone up about her website. This was after a period when the company who help us run Freeola went belly up in a weekend and we had to move in a rush. There was a lot of downtime which we couldn't help but we got the service up. I was fed up from all the customer complaining and then she called about uploading using Dreamweaver I think and said that she was very please with Freeola and had never had any problems. When I checked she was on a few times when we were moving but managed to always catch us in a up period.

It just goes to prove that its all about luck and timing. The main reason I went for ADSL is that although there were a few odd people saying it wasn't good there was a whold web organisation (ntlhell) saying not to get NTL.
Tue 02/09/03 at 13:41
Regular
"AlL fLo$$Ed OuT"
Captain Scarlet wrote:
> DNS will take up to 3 days to update on all ISP's DNS Servers

...as Phi11ip says, I was referring to the WHOIS info, not global DNS.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.