GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Does our Goverment poop on us?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 28/08/03 at 13:12
Regular
"Hallelujah"
Dont just post "yes" and leave, I do acctually want your veiws and opinions on this one.

OK, my reasons for this post are related to something we all want but dont have enough of (no not sex) £££, yup money, and how our goverment distributes it. Before we start, I DO realise we have a very stable ecomony, but I still think a few changes could be made.

Lets look at our underpayed for starters. Firefighters, Paramedics. The two are public servers, they SAVE lives for gods sake! I mean these people put there ass's on the line to save others. They are expected to save the day, even though they are up against prank calls and false alarms every day. Does our goverment reward them for their work? Does if F**k! Money wise they can barely support bills, let alone provide for a family! Fire fighters are forced to get second jobs and paraedics/nurses all work ALOT of overtime, just to provide for themselves when they dedicate themselves to others! They do deserve more and they shouldnt have to strike to get it.

Now them, tax. 40%. 40% of all you earn (depending on what you earn i know it can be lower) fair dues, every country has tax, even if our countries is a little steeper than most. Then we loose a further 17.5% on EVERYTHING we buy/sell. Indeed every country has this, granted we are a little steep. Petrol, BLIMEY! No country pays half as much as us! Fair dues, but here's the clever part! If the goverment raise the cost of petrol by lets say 2p. not much I hear you say, well no it ist. But now, EVERYTHING that is sold anywhere increases in price, because the amount it costs to get it to where it is has gone up, so to cover the companies losses the price must go up. Very well, but now the 17.5% they get form EVERYTHING is vaued as more, meaning more prophits. Think about that.

Now then, whenever a conversation is made about money these guys come into it, footballers. These people make a living from kicking a ball about, fair enough its a form of entertainment, but what a living they make! They make more in a year than most make in a life time, do they save lives? Do they worry about providing for there families? No.

Now, I'm not a racist, but I have to say immigrants. We get people sneaking in and illegally living here, they have our worries to, buit people who apply to leave a country for political reasons, are brought over here, given a house and help with there morgage so they can make a living for themselfs...hold on, what about me? I've lived hear all my life, I'm doing your schooling and further education to get qualifications to get a job and get by and this guy just gets it all handed to him on a plate? Dont treat one how you would'nt treat another!

Finally, houses. House prices are ridiculous. When I get a full time job, I'm going to need to find the money to afford a morgage after I've forked out however much I have to every month just to get by.

Now, I'm only a 16 year old boy, a kid, but I know already that when I get older, things are going to get alot tougher and theres nothing I can do but try my hardest.
Thu 28/08/03 at 13:40
Regular
"Hallelujah"
yes I do agree, but I say they have too much funding in un-neccisary things and too many un-needed expendatures, they should sort those out.
Thu 28/08/03 at 13:41
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
I'd be interested to know what you think are un-needed expedatures.
Thu 28/08/03 at 13:42
Regular
"relocated"
Kyz wrote:
> I read in the newspapers the other day about this black woman who was
> throwing a tantrum because the NHS didnt have any prosthetic feet in
> her skin colour.

I heard this on the 1Xtra news (Britain's finest news source) and my first thought was 'what a load of rubbish: wear a bleeding sock'. But if it isn't important then why not make all prosthetics blue or black or multi-coloured or glow-in-the-dark? I think it would annoy me too.
Thu 28/08/03 at 13:43
Regular
"Hallelujah"
Rosalind wrote:
> I'd be interested to know what you think are un-needed expedatures.

Well the 11% payrise Kyz mentioned was quite a good one. And the lottery. theres 2.
Thu 28/08/03 at 13:46
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
The combined earnings of the government really aren't going to add up to a lot compared to the government budget. I don't think an 11% government pay rise would stretcg to cover a 5% fire fighters pay rise.

Does the lottery cost the government anything at all? I thought It made its money by the ticket price. And the lottery gives back, by giving donations to charities.
Thu 28/08/03 at 13:47
Mr Pínk wrote:
> The goverment make TONES of smoking, thats why they wont ban it. They
> will warn people, but if everyone turned around and gave up tomorow
> they would be lost!

And where does that money go? Treating the health problems of lifetime smokers.

> And yes, a childs dream job is firean/policemen/docter, right up
> until they realise they get bad money, then it becomes lawyer or some
> other well payed job.

Erm, there are huge queues of people wanting to join the fire services at the wages they get paid now, just thought you should know.
Thu 28/08/03 at 13:48
Regular
"Hallelujah"
I aware that the 11% ayrise wont cover fire fighters, but it goes to show they DO have money to spunk, no matter what its on.
Thu 28/08/03 at 13:48
Lottery is run by Camelot, not Tony Blair.
Thu 28/08/03 at 13:49
Regular
"Hallelujah"
Firebrand wrote:
> Mr Pínk wrote:
> And yes, a childs dream job is firean/policemen/docter, right up
> until they realise they get bad money, then it becomes lawyer or
> some
> other well payed job.
>
> Erm, there are huge queues of people wanting to join the fire
> services at the wages they get paid now, just thought you should
> know.

Yes but we also have the same situation with laywers.
Thu 28/08/03 at 13:50
Regular
"Hallelujah"
Firebrand wrote:
> Lottery is run by Camelot, not Tony Blair.

Ok, we'll leave the lottery out, I obviously was whong with that one, but my point remains the same, they drain alot of money from us and we dont see much done with it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.