GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Does our Goverment poop on us?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 28/08/03 at 13:12
Regular
"Hallelujah"
Dont just post "yes" and leave, I do acctually want your veiws and opinions on this one.

OK, my reasons for this post are related to something we all want but dont have enough of (no not sex) £££, yup money, and how our goverment distributes it. Before we start, I DO realise we have a very stable ecomony, but I still think a few changes could be made.

Lets look at our underpayed for starters. Firefighters, Paramedics. The two are public servers, they SAVE lives for gods sake! I mean these people put there ass's on the line to save others. They are expected to save the day, even though they are up against prank calls and false alarms every day. Does our goverment reward them for their work? Does if F**k! Money wise they can barely support bills, let alone provide for a family! Fire fighters are forced to get second jobs and paraedics/nurses all work ALOT of overtime, just to provide for themselves when they dedicate themselves to others! They do deserve more and they shouldnt have to strike to get it.

Now them, tax. 40%. 40% of all you earn (depending on what you earn i know it can be lower) fair dues, every country has tax, even if our countries is a little steeper than most. Then we loose a further 17.5% on EVERYTHING we buy/sell. Indeed every country has this, granted we are a little steep. Petrol, BLIMEY! No country pays half as much as us! Fair dues, but here's the clever part! If the goverment raise the cost of petrol by lets say 2p. not much I hear you say, well no it ist. But now, EVERYTHING that is sold anywhere increases in price, because the amount it costs to get it to where it is has gone up, so to cover the companies losses the price must go up. Very well, but now the 17.5% they get form EVERYTHING is vaued as more, meaning more prophits. Think about that.

Now then, whenever a conversation is made about money these guys come into it, footballers. These people make a living from kicking a ball about, fair enough its a form of entertainment, but what a living they make! They make more in a year than most make in a life time, do they save lives? Do they worry about providing for there families? No.

Now, I'm not a racist, but I have to say immigrants. We get people sneaking in and illegally living here, they have our worries to, buit people who apply to leave a country for political reasons, are brought over here, given a house and help with there morgage so they can make a living for themselfs...hold on, what about me? I've lived hear all my life, I'm doing your schooling and further education to get qualifications to get a job and get by and this guy just gets it all handed to him on a plate? Dont treat one how you would'nt treat another!

Finally, houses. House prices are ridiculous. When I get a full time job, I'm going to need to find the money to afford a morgage after I've forked out however much I have to every month just to get by.

Now, I'm only a 16 year old boy, a kid, but I know already that when I get older, things are going to get alot tougher and theres nothing I can do but try my hardest.
Tue 09/09/03 at 15:43
mr pink
read your review on MUSTEK PL-207 portable dvd
here in OZ its branded under VOXSON-ZK7 after
some hours tracking this fact down and reading
that the PL-207 is supplied with multi-region
code unlike here in australia any info on
obtaining such code would be much appreciated.
Mon 01/09/03 at 09:42
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Exactly. So they're just like the average working man on the street albeit on an astronomical wage.

I might not agree with their wages. But since they all pay tax, I'm not about to blame them for the plight of this country. That's just lunacy.
Mon 01/09/03 at 09:36
Plus people conveniently forget that they pay income tax on their huge wages...
Mon 01/09/03 at 08:57
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
At least if the footballers are spending the money they get paid then they are fuelling the economy.
Mon 01/09/03 at 08:54
Yes, footballers, football managers and club chairmen are all evil bigots trying to destroy the economy...

*slaps forehead*
Sun 31/08/03 at 21:55
Regular
what you said about footballers is a prime example. in fact, me and my parents werechatting about something, then dad comes out with: "tony blair is only a few years older than me, yknow". "yeah, and that ain't done him much good either". - i'm guessing they were talking about the government. then it went to football. mum asks: "what is the attraction to being prime minister?". "mmm, it comes with a lot of pressure, aswell" comes dad's reply. then i said: "does tony blair get more money than, say, a footballer?". "does he buggery" dad answers. "if it isn't for the money, then what's appealing about being prime minister?" queries mum. "well it's probably to change the way the country is run, if you thought the person running before was a complete ar$ehole, or if you thought you could do so much better".

And i guess it is, but the media, the pack of ravenous people that make up the parliament, and matters concerning the royal family have broken this once redeemably cheerful, hopeful gentleman into a sack of wrinkles, stress and grey hairs. shame.

anyway, footballers. david beckham gets roughly 100,000 a week, according to dad. that's his to spend on designer gear, perhaps donate to a random charity to make himself appear less shallow, and maybe a new mansion, perhaps a state-of-the-art super home currently in design. Football managers only do their job for the money - including the chairmans. selfish monopolizing power-lords with little awareness of what's happening outside the four walls (maybe a ceiling) of their lush office laced with hired swedish supermodels to make the day less of a drag, and perhaps to distract people from his/her crooked face in a photo shot.

amongst all this, is it in any way assisting the community, to help the government please more and more? let's face it, it's not really tony blair's fault that the nation is a little strapped for cash, and personally i think it's the millenium dome that broke britain. what was it for? if what value was it to the nation? sure, it raked in the revenue, then 'donk' it was knocked down. useless.
Sun 31/08/03 at 21:42
Regular
"Light of the world"
J Nash wrote:
> Lil Ginge wrote:
> Firefighters/nurses get paid diddly squat..yet they save our lives
> and continue to even though they are struggling to support there own
> selves
>
> What..shíte.
>
> Don't ever mention that fire-fighters don't get paid enough ever,
> ever in the presence of me.

not shíte at all.

They don't.

My uncle is one.. he has to work 24/7 to support his family juggling his job and his other job. If he gave up then he wouldnt be saving lives (doing what he loves)

My bf's dad's one as well... He finds it bloody hard to support his family. Without an extra job he wouldnt be able to.
Sun 31/08/03 at 21:39
Regular
Lil Ginge wrote:
> Firefighters/nurses get paid diddly squat..yet they save our lives
> and continue to even though they are struggling to support there own
> selves

What..shíte.

Don't ever mention that fire-fighters don't get paid enough ever, ever in the presence of me.
Sun 31/08/03 at 21:26
Regular
"Light of the world"
It sucks.

Basically, everything said here is all true and sucks big s**tyle. It affects everyone but in the end we have to think positively in comparison to what other kinda problems we could have,

Ok im tired but basically

40% of my dads taxes...makes him irate
Firefighters/nurses get paid diddly squat..yet they save our lives and continue to even though they are s**truggling to support there own selves
Petrol is higher in this this country then mos**t...America is pretty good example of good value for petrol

But, If we sit and worry about everything that is sh*t then we will die young and grey. We have to work our hardes**t to get by and continue to moan/vote agains**t/s**trike if necesary.

We have to worry when the time comes, yet try our bes**t to s**top it getting to that point.
Sun 31/08/03 at 12:06
Regular
"Hallelujah"
I did notice no one said anything about the petrol prices effecting everything paragraph, any reason for that?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.