GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"118 - The Official topic for Reading Festival chat"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 25/08/03 at 18:02
Regular
Been home for about an hour or so now. Feeling rather tired and so won't write a long essay about what time I caught the bus and how long it took to pitch my tent or anything like that which I know you don't want to read. I'm also not going to mention much about the bands for now, apart from saying System Of A Down was amazing.

People, here is a place that when you get back you can talk about the bands, the camp site antics, the drink and drugs. The festival.

Anyone check out "Dave's Rave" last night in the green campsite? Afro Dave and Naked Dave were ledgends!

Also what happen involving Hulk Hogan on the donut stand? For those of you who wern't there, A guy on one of the donut stands looked like Hulk Hogan and apparently a mob of people (I heard about 250) came to see him when his shift started at around 1AM. Not sure what happened but the next night about eight police men and woman stood in a semi-circle around the stand and more were close by. Hulk Hogan was nowhere to be seen. So what actually happened?

I'm tired, so that's it for now.
Tue 26/08/03 at 13:18
Regular
"fake polystyrene ma"
Mess wrote:
> If anyone was near where the metal walkway had been rolled up into a
> quarterpipe on Sunday night and people were bombing off it in
> trolleys, that was me.

Yes that was hilarious. I remeber in my drunken state walking down the middle of it and suddenly this trolley hit my left leg. The last night was the funniest night for me, every1 was goin nuts.
Tue 26/08/03 at 12:32
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
We were in the green section near the big row of shops where you walk in.

My mate was camped near you but I never saw him all weekend because he was too far away.

The Used was great for me as I was close to the front where it's always lively. The only thing that sucked was that because of Jay Z pulling out (definenly a good thing) the Darkness and Electric Six clashed somewhat.
Tue 26/08/03 at 12:32
Regular
"No Surprises Please"
I was on the boundary between Orange and Yellow. Me and my mates had a nice l'il spot there with quite a big garden to lounge in.
Tue 26/08/03 at 12:18
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
Where was everyone camped? I was in Orange in the field as far away from the arena as you can get, right by the back gate and train track. But also just by Waitrose.
Tue 26/08/03 at 12:15
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
The Used ruled, shame apart how lame the crowd was to start off with. It really took a while for people to get going. If you heard someone shout "Wake the f**k up, you f**king crowd" or something along those lines, twas me.

And Good Charlotte. Ho ho ho. For just about the complete duration of their set bottles we're checked at them from all over the audience. One guy near me had three bottles with liquid in, not sure what they all we're but he said one was pi*s. If you saw a bottle hit the real girly looking guitarist, it was thrown by the pi*s guy. He was the only one able to hit them. The singer kept saying how it was the best day of his life and he was having a great time playing. Instead of telling people to stop the bottles, they just went along with it in a real sarcastic way. You could tell they just wanted to go and when they finished two (I only saw one do it but I hear it was two) of them just threw their guitars down and stormed off.

King Prawn, anyone?
Tue 26/08/03 at 12:06
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
Mess wrote:
If anyone was near where the metal walkway had been rolled up into a
> trolleys, that was me.

Was there crowds of people either side of the track shouting "TROLLEY TROLLEY!"? If so then yes I was there. Then l;ater on people rolled it along loads then let it go, hoping it would roll back quick. It didn't. That was close to the second location of Dave's Rave, which moved after it was shut down by security.
Tue 26/08/03 at 11:30
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
I must admit the Cooper Temple Clause were excellent. I really wasn't expecting much from them.

SOAD ruled, I was near the front and it was either rock or get the fcuk knocked out of you.

Anyone go to the Used gig? If you wasn't there they got the crowd to do a split then charge at one another when they started playing, it totally rocked, although quite a few people got knocked over doing it.

They may not be your favourite band but Blink 182 ruled, everyone was so pumped up for it. Oh and did you see the massive bottle, toilet roll, shoe and anything else fight before it? I was in all of that.

Reading rocked. Except for the prices and those goddamn toilets.
Tue 26/08/03 at 11:11
Regular
"No Surprises Please"
Reading was really good, very tiring though. My highlights were probably AFI, The Cooper Temple Clause, Beck and Longview. The Polyphonic Spree were amazing as well.

Weren't too keen on seeing AFI, but my girlfriend dragged me over there and they actually did put on a really good show.

The Datsuns weren't very good at all, they're not a main stage band. They would have rocked so much in the radio 1 tent.
Tue 26/08/03 at 10:40
Regular
"Ah the mystic porta"
Mess wrote:
> Yes there were roars of bo11ocks, along with 'Got your number!' and
> 'SHAMONE MO FO!'
>
> If anyone was near where the metal walkway had been rolled up into a
> trolleys, that was me.

Wicked.
Tue 26/08/03 at 10:38
Regular
"keep your receipt"
Yes there were roars of bo11ocks, along with 'Got your number!' and 'SHAMONE MO FO!'

If anyone was near where the metal walkway had been rolled up into a quarterpipe on Sunday night and people were bombing off it in trolleys, that was me.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.