GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"118 - The Official topic for Reading Festival chat"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 25/08/03 at 18:02
Regular
Been home for about an hour or so now. Feeling rather tired and so won't write a long essay about what time I caught the bus and how long it took to pitch my tent or anything like that which I know you don't want to read. I'm also not going to mention much about the bands for now, apart from saying System Of A Down was amazing.

People, here is a place that when you get back you can talk about the bands, the camp site antics, the drink and drugs. The festival.

Anyone check out "Dave's Rave" last night in the green campsite? Afro Dave and Naked Dave were ledgends!

Also what happen involving Hulk Hogan on the donut stand? For those of you who wern't there, A guy on one of the donut stands looked like Hulk Hogan and apparently a mob of people (I heard about 250) came to see him when his shift started at around 1AM. Not sure what happened but the next night about eight police men and woman stood in a semi-circle around the stand and more were close by. Hulk Hogan was nowhere to be seen. So what actually happened?

I'm tired, so that's it for now.
Fri 05/09/03 at 18:49
Regular
"Acid Casual"
Mess wrote:
> My friend's uncle is Mclusky's manager.

Craig? Heh heh he used to manage me too...!
Fri 05/09/03 at 21:38
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Craw wrote:
> Sibs wrote:
> Also, anyone else see Winnebago Deal? The future. Mclusky also
> ruled.
>
> A Mclusky fan eh? They're good mates of mine..!
> How their new drummer settle in then?

I'd only heard 2-3 McClusky tracks beforehand, but I enjoyed their set and I keep meaning to look for their CD... Any ideas where one might be able to purchase it? Sure I saw it in HMV ages ago, but I don't think it's been in there recently... and it's probably a rip off in there anyway...
Fri 05/09/03 at 23:17
Regular
"Acid Casual"
Sibs wrote:
> Craw wrote:
> Sibs wrote:
> Also, anyone else see Winnebago Deal? The future. Mclusky also
> ruled.
>
> A Mclusky fan eh? They're good mates of mine..!
> How their new drummer settle in then?
>
> I'd only heard 2-3 McClusky tracks beforehand, but I enjoyed their
> set and I keep meaning to look for their CD... Any ideas where one
> might be able to purchase it? Sure I saw it in HMV ages ago, but I
> don't think it's been in there recently... and it's probably a rip
> off in there anyway...

They have 2 albums out:

My Pain and Sadness is More Painful and Sad than Yours
Mclusky do Dallas

The latter was produced by Steve Albini and they're back in the studio with him at the moment. I know Too Pure are dealing with them now, but the albums should be available in most decent record shops (if anyone goes to record shops nowadays).
Sat 06/09/03 at 17:01
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
Yep I've got my photos back, got them put onto CD too. Some of them were pants though, nearly all the ones I took of bands come out crap except the ones where I was right at the front.

I agree about the MTV2 coverage, I too want to see the Used gig and the Blink 182 one come to think of it, the bottle fight before it was crazy and lets face it they're good live.

Who else is as sad as me and still has there little red wristband thing on?
Sat 06/09/03 at 17:29
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
Mouldy Cheese wrote:
> CDouch wrote:

> Anyone get a visit from the guy with the purple foot?
>
> Yeah! We did!

Legend, wasn't he? What you give him and were you impressed by the purpleness of his foot? "It's just me, my tent and my purple foot". I have a picture of him as I called it "a Kodak moment if I'd ever seen one!". I typed out my whole encounter with him but my computer/SR was having troubles and it wouldn't post. When did he visit, Sunday? And what camp were you in (So I know how far he travelled on that poor foot of his).
Sun 07/09/03 at 10:54
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Starlight wrote:
> Who else is as sad as me and still has there little red wristband
> thing on?

I don't, I cut it off and stuck it to my wall... But I did see a guy working in Woolworths still wearing one.
Mon 08/09/03 at 14:06
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
I'm still wearing mine. I work in Woolworths.
Mon 08/09/03 at 17:35
Regular
I saw loads of people at the limp bizkit gig wearing those arm bands... i managed to stretch mine over my hand.
Mon 08/09/03 at 17:47
Regular
" ban the Taliban"
Reading this year kicked ass, If you saw finch and remember it fairly well, When Randy (the guitarist) did the 'Oley Oley oley oley' bit, There was a person with an airhorn doing honks between the Oleys, that person was me. WOOHOOO

I just passed my driving test you see. :)
:)
Mon 08/09/03 at 17:53
Regular
Finch weren't as good as they were at the Astoria.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.