GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"118 - The Official topic for Reading Festival chat"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 25/08/03 at 18:02
Regular
Been home for about an hour or so now. Feeling rather tired and so won't write a long essay about what time I caught the bus and how long it took to pitch my tent or anything like that which I know you don't want to read. I'm also not going to mention much about the bands for now, apart from saying System Of A Down was amazing.

People, here is a place that when you get back you can talk about the bands, the camp site antics, the drink and drugs. The festival.

Anyone check out "Dave's Rave" last night in the green campsite? Afro Dave and Naked Dave were ledgends!

Also what happen involving Hulk Hogan on the donut stand? For those of you who wern't there, A guy on one of the donut stands looked like Hulk Hogan and apparently a mob of people (I heard about 250) came to see him when his shift started at around 1AM. Not sure what happened but the next night about eight police men and woman stood in a semi-circle around the stand and more were close by. Hulk Hogan was nowhere to be seen. So what actually happened?

I'm tired, so that's it for now.
Mon 25/08/03 at 18:02
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
Been home for about an hour or so now. Feeling rather tired and so won't write a long essay about what time I caught the bus and how long it took to pitch my tent or anything like that which I know you don't want to read. I'm also not going to mention much about the bands for now, apart from saying System Of A Down was amazing.

People, here is a place that when you get back you can talk about the bands, the camp site antics, the drink and drugs. The festival.

Anyone check out "Dave's Rave" last night in the green campsite? Afro Dave and Naked Dave were ledgends!

Also what happen involving Hulk Hogan on the donut stand? For those of you who wern't there, A guy on one of the donut stands looked like Hulk Hogan and apparently a mob of people (I heard about 250) came to see him when his shift started at around 1AM. Not sure what happened but the next night about eight police men and woman stood in a semi-circle around the stand and more were close by. Hulk Hogan was nowhere to be seen. So what actually happened?

I'm tired, so that's it for now.
Mon 25/08/03 at 18:04
Regular
"Ah the mystic porta"
Hope you had a good time. I wish i had gone.
Mon 25/08/03 at 18:21
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
Requesting a review of The Darkness' set.
Mon 25/08/03 at 18:52
Regular
Darkness set review:

The guy with long hair jumped about and screamed. They wore black. Critics loved it inexpicably. The End.
Mon 25/08/03 at 19:01
Regular
er and whats the betting it was the usual black banner with white writing they take everywhere, outrageously gay outfit as standard
Mon 25/08/03 at 21:26
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
I went.

It was aggressivly skewed toward making as much money as possible (mile long water queues so you have to buy the £2 a bottle water etc), the bass from the dance tent was so high you could hear it at the main stage, and the Sunday and Friday line-ups were bloody awful.

The nightlife rocked, until you actually needed to sleep, because it was impossible.

If you saw people playing a harmonica and dancing - that was me.
Mon 25/08/03 at 21:52
Regular
"Ah the mystic porta"
Mouldy Cheese wrote:
> I went.
>
> It was aggressivly skewed toward making as much money as possible
> (mile long water queues so you have to buy the £2 a bottle
> water etc), the bass from the dance tent was so high you could hear
> it at the main stage, and the Sunday and Friday line-ups were bloody
> awful.
>
> The nightlife rocked, until you actually needed to sleep, because it
> was impossible.
>
> If you saw people playing a harmonica and dancing - that was me.

So all in all a good weekend apart from the cost.
Mon 25/08/03 at 22:13
Regular
"fake polystyrene ma"
Reading was fantastic, much better than i expected considering the lineup. Highlights for me were beck, system of a down and blur. I thought it was as good as last year, even if the lineup was a little weaker. The nightlife was great, but damn im tired atm.
Mon 25/08/03 at 22:23
Regular
"Ah the mystic porta"
Idioteque wrote:
> Reading was fantastic, much better than i expected considering the
> lineup. Highlights for me were beck, system of a down and blur. I
> thought it was as good as last year, even if the lineup was a little
> weaker. The nightlife was great, but damn im tired atm.

I really wish i had gone now.
Mon 25/08/03 at 22:48
Regular
"we escape....."
Beck, Blur, System and OK Go were excellent datsuns, metallica were good too. My highlights included blur playing some quality songs, metallica playing ecstasty of gold from the 'good the bad and the ugly' i'm not a big metallica fan so never knew they did it and it was really good, also the nightlife was good especially last night getting totally drunk and going on mutliple wonders and i think at about 3am my mate recognised a guy as being the 80's matchbox b-liners lead singer and we started talking to him but can't remember wat was sed due to drunkness he then ran away from us, and we lost him, was drunk tho so may not have been him i may never know for sure. But still i had great fun!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.