GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"118 - The Official topic for Reading Festival chat"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 25/08/03 at 18:02
Regular
Been home for about an hour or so now. Feeling rather tired and so won't write a long essay about what time I caught the bus and how long it took to pitch my tent or anything like that which I know you don't want to read. I'm also not going to mention much about the bands for now, apart from saying System Of A Down was amazing.

People, here is a place that when you get back you can talk about the bands, the camp site antics, the drink and drugs. The festival.

Anyone check out "Dave's Rave" last night in the green campsite? Afro Dave and Naked Dave were ledgends!

Also what happen involving Hulk Hogan on the donut stand? For those of you who wern't there, A guy on one of the donut stands looked like Hulk Hogan and apparently a mob of people (I heard about 250) came to see him when his shift started at around 1AM. Not sure what happened but the next night about eight police men and woman stood in a semi-circle around the stand and more were close by. Hulk Hogan was nowhere to be seen. So what actually happened?

I'm tired, so that's it for now.
Wed 17/09/03 at 13:11
Regular
Mess wrote:
> Yeah Finch are awesome, I just bought they're album on the strength of
> their Reading performance.

Finch are fantastic... they were far better at The Astoria when I saw them though... definatly made for indoor performances.

For pure power they cannot be beaten... not even the mighty spoil sports that are metallica.
Tue 16/09/03 at 21:17
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
I don't know if you've heard them or seen their video on Skuzz, but a band belonging to my brother's record label (Big Scary Monsters), Hiding With Girls once supported Finch live. So I've known of them for a long while now and have been loving them the whole time. They really deserve the recognition they are gaining.
Tue 16/09/03 at 19:45
Regular
"keep your receipt"
Yeah Finch are awesome, I just bought they're album on the strength of their Reading performance.
Tue 16/09/03 at 15:40
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
Meh I didn't enjoy them nearly as much as I did when I saw Less Than Jake at the Astoria back in May. Mainly because I had to go through Finch and LTJ without my girlfriend and they were two bands I wanted to see with her, so I spent ages looking through the crowd. I actually had to see LTJ on my own and Finch with some guy I'd met just that morning. Still good though.
Mon 15/09/03 at 13:48
Regular
"keep your receipt"
Less Than Jake at Reading were awesome! The circle pit around the sound centre in the middle was insane, so many innocent people got destroyed...
Sun 14/09/03 at 19:46
Regular
Ah but sibs in my one day leeds review I don't like less than jake... yet i could tell they put on a fantastic set despite not likeing the music.
Sun 14/09/03 at 17:40
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
But surely the point of any review is to convey your opinion of something? You can't convey someone elses opinion of it because you don't know what that is... And there's little point talking about what the general feeling from the crowd is because just about every band there had some hardcore fans who would enjoy the set regardless...

And I did say for the Ataris that despite me having practically 0 expectation, I did enoy the set even if I wasn't overly impressed... To be fair I was pretty tired by the time I saw Ataris due to drinking all day and very little sleep the 2 previous nights, and it did take Pennywise to wake me up...
Sun 14/09/03 at 08:56
Regular
"keep your receipt"
I read Sib's review, it was good.

Maybe you should concentrate less on your own opinion though. You mentioned you didn't like The Ataris, but for their set the Concrete Jungle was packed out and they had an energy that made them more entertaining that other bands which you could say are musically more talented.
Sun 14/09/03 at 01:35
Regular
Sibs wrote:
> www.unitepunk.co.uk
>
> Full weekend review of Reading. + pictures :D
>
> ahem.

I did a one day leeds review... full V fest review and limp bizkit concert review for synae!
Sat 13/09/03 at 20:07
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
CDouch wrote:

stuff

We were in Orange H, and we had nothing left to give him.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.