GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Sequels you'd like to see."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 24/08/03 at 16:57
Regular
I'd love to see a sequel to The Thing, if done right it would be amazing. something along the lines of how Romero's Trilogy developed.

It's never going to happen but I would also like to see sequels to Time Bandits and The Adventures of Baron Munchhausen.
Sun 24/08/03 at 16:57
Regular
"8==="
I'd love to see a sequel to The Thing, if done right it would be amazing. something along the lines of how Romero's Trilogy developed.

It's never going to happen but I would also like to see sequels to Time Bandits and The Adventures of Baron Munchhausen.
Sun 24/08/03 at 17:17
Regular
"That's right!"
Starship Troopers 2 - all the original cast and crew.

Won't happen, though, since the original flopped. Stupid idiots not going to see films at the cinema! (I was 14 and it was an 18 so I had to wait until video)
Sun 24/08/03 at 17:19
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
It would be really funny if they made a new version of Back to the Future. :)
Sun 24/08/03 at 17:20
Regular
"That's right!"
With Michael J Fox going back in time to save his career? Cool.
Sun 24/08/03 at 19:21
Regular
"thegodfather"
Leon, what happens to the girl when she grows up.
Does she become an assassin too.
Sun 24/08/03 at 20:04
Regular
"thegodfather"
Trainspotting, the books already done, just a matter of getting McGregor, Carlyle and Johnny Lee Miller together again.
Sun 24/08/03 at 21:07
Regular
"thegodfather"
Bladerunner - I'm really surprised Ridley Scott's futuristic classic never got followed up.
Sun 24/08/03 at 21:23
Regular
"A man with a stick"
MoJoJoJo wrote:
> Won't happen, though, since the original flopped. Stupid idiots not
> going to see films at the cinema! (I was 14 and it was an 18 so I had
> to wait until video)

It was actually a 15 at the cinema, but for some reason the BBFC released it as an 18 on video. I did hear rumours about a sequel being made, but only little bits of information, nothing solid.

As for sequels, well I'd defiantly hate to see a sequel to The Thing. Hollywood would ruin it by over depending on crappy CGI monster and filling the film full of young, boring characters, most Hollywood horror films suffer the same fate which is why I think the modern horror films generally suck in comparison to older ones.
Sun 24/08/03 at 23:07
Regular
"Selected"
Hedfix wrote:
> I'd love to see a sequel to The Thing

reading the title, before i opened the topic, i was thinking about suggesting The Thing - the original is awesome. Although i can't help but think they'd try a 'The Thing invades the city' take which, as proven by both Predator 2 and Jurassic Park 2, just doesn't cut it for a sequel plot.

It'd have to be good.
Sun 24/08/03 at 23:08
Regular
"That's right!"
cipro wrote:
> It was actually a 15 at the cinema, but for some reason the BBFC
> released it as an 18 on video. I did hear rumours about a sequel
> being made, but only little bits of information, nothing solid.

-------

I distinctly remember it being an 18, because I couldn't go and see it. I'll check the BBFC website, though, my memory is a bit pants.

------
> As for sequels, well I'd defiantly hate to see a sequel to The Thing.
> Hollywood would ruin it by over depending on crappy CGI monster and
> filling the film full of young, boring characters, most Hollywood
> horror films suffer the same fate which is why I think the modern
> horror films generally suck in comparison to older ones.

-----

Yeah. They could, COULD do a prequel. Show what happened to the Norweigens before the dog got away. Obviously have them speaking English, of course, because some people hate subtitles. I'd like to see that. The Thing wouldn't really work elsewhere, and it'd be too much of a co-incidence to have ANOTHER bunch of blokes in an isolated area with the alien.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.