GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Serious advice"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 23/08/03 at 22:47
Regular
Please no spam messages.

I had a dream about 3 day ago that my parents split up, in this dream i am crying, really bad.
Ive had the dream like 5 times now.
I was sitting watching tv and my dad just said "I cant take it any more, im sorry Robin but who would you live with"
As a joke i said what a friend, i didnt want to here what he was going to say.
"no me or your mum, i cant live with her any more"
I said i dont know, then just said im gunna watch tv up here.

And if you must know im kinda crying.

Should i talk to my mum, my dad or what?
Should i tell my sister?
Sun 24/08/03 at 17:40
Regular
"Light of the world"
Azul wrote:
> EL ® ö B ì Ñ wrote:
> Ruins most plans though, we were getting a new kitchen and a
> chrysler
> Voyager.
> Guess we wont really be needing a bigger car now, we allready have a
> 7 seater, guess they will be selling that.
>
> This sucks.
>
> Erm, am I the only one that finds this statement odd?
> Ok, the scenario.
> Your parents may be splitting up.
> So what's the first real main comment of upset towards losing
> something over?
> A kitchen, and selling a car.
>
> Ok, you've said you've been crying, but that doesn't suggest anything
> towards the fact that your sad about losing one of your parents.
> Dodgy.

You are implying that robin is more upset about losing a good car then loosing a stable family!

He has already said how upset he is. He has said it has brought him to tears. That was before a mention of the darn car..

Thankyee English-bloke for that friendly cute point out! *im a spak* :P
Sun 24/08/03 at 17:38
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
Yeah, that might make it worse if you hear something you don't want to.

I don't see my dad all the time, but just an average amount, but we never ever go out to play tennis or footy or anything like we used to.

Now, he gets up at 5am and prepares the shop for early morning deliveries and opening the shop for 9am. He's there until 5pm, so I don't see him between those hours, but when he gets back, the only "person" he'll say hello to is the dog, then he sleeps all evening, only getting up for dinner, then he'll sleep again until about 9pm-ish and order stock for the next day for the shop, add up his takings and go to bed.

To be honest, I haven't been happy since I moved to Norfolk. Sure, now I'm getting used to it and making friends, but generally I'd rather be back home in Oxfordshire. Well, maybe not now that all my previous mates have moved away, but my dad wanted to move here because it was where he was born and he wanted to feel like he was home. He also wanted a job where he ould be home at about 4pm so that we could do all the fun stuff we used to, and to swallow his pride, be happy. We don't have any of that. I'd rather stay here now that I have friends though, but even then, I'd like to spend time with my family, but they're either too knackered or too busy now.

Moved here for less work and more happiness? Pfft.
Sun 24/08/03 at 15:32
Damn Twain thats rough.
Alot worse then mine.
I cant talk to my parents, i just give them blank looks.
Im not sure that my mum even knows that my dad wants to split up, but he has not talked to her for a few days now, and when they have it has just been an argument.
So while i was sitting down there eating my roast dinner with my mum, sister and brother, they were all talking. I just sat there, i didnt say a word the whole time i was down there, i normally always talk.
It's just odd, they are all in their own happy little worlds, while i have been asked who i would want to live with.
I have been in my room all day, i cant face seeing my mum, every time i see her it makes me sad, and every time i think about it i feel dizzy.
Weird.
My dad seems to spend every day at work, 8.00am till 8.00PM, every day, not even a phone call any more. He used to phone 3-4 times a day just to say hi.
Now nothing, he doesnt even say bye, he comes thru the door at night and says nothing, just goes up stairs, goes on the internet, then bed, then the same thing all over again.

I don't want to listen to what they are saying incase i hear something that i don't want too.
Sun 24/08/03 at 13:59
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
Ouch. This sounds really nasty Robin, but it isn't like when it happened to me.

My parents were having a big row about my brothers, and my house was up for sale.

*skip a few days so there is nothing irrelivant*

My mum gets me off the omputer and says, "Lets go and see this house that we've been looking at. I'll let you see the inside of it."
I wasn't any wiser about this then, I thought she was telling the truth, but then wondered why she didn't take anyone else in my family. IT dawned on me when we went passed teh house that she mentioned, and I asked where we were going. She said, "Firstly, I want to see an old friend." Fair enough, but usually she tells me who she's going to see. We arrive at a tiny terraced house in another village, and she doesn't knock or anything. She produces a key from her handbag and we go in. I look around in confusion and she says, "Well, how d'you like it?" I then burst into tears. This was about two years ago, I think, and worst of all, a few days before Christmas. The happiest time of the year, my favourite time of the year.

Only talk directly to your parents if you absolutely need to. If you hear them talking, listen in to make sure you don't miss all the facts and get tricked like I did.
Sun 24/08/03 at 13:03
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
You sure that was sugar in your sugar bowl this mornin' then?
Sun 24/08/03 at 12:53
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Alrighty then neighbour.

I’m a happy camper this morning, dunno why.
Sun 24/08/03 at 12:51
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Replace the 'Ha' with 'Heh' if you will.
Sun 24/08/03 at 12:50
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Er, so am I, actually.
I'm not really one for putting in smilies on every post I do.
Sun 24/08/03 at 12:33
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Azul wrote:
> Ha, didn't see that.

Yeah, but you're being mean about it. I was pointing it out in a friendly cute way.
Sun 24/08/03 at 12:32
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Ha, didn't see that.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.