GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Serious advice"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 23/08/03 at 22:47
Regular
Please no spam messages.

I had a dream about 3 day ago that my parents split up, in this dream i am crying, really bad.
Ive had the dream like 5 times now.
I was sitting watching tv and my dad just said "I cant take it any more, im sorry Robin but who would you live with"
As a joke i said what a friend, i didnt want to here what he was going to say.
"no me or your mum, i cant live with her any more"
I said i dont know, then just said im gunna watch tv up here.

And if you must know im kinda crying.

Should i talk to my mum, my dad or what?
Should i tell my sister?
Sun 24/08/03 at 21:31
Regular
"Light of the world"
maddmun wrote:
> Damn, that is one rearded 15 year old. Even I'm not that retarded for
> my age.

You think he is retarded for crying?
Sun 24/08/03 at 21:30
Regular
Damn, that is one rearded 15 year old. Even I'm not that retarded for my age.
Sun 24/08/03 at 21:04
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Robin is 15.
Sun 24/08/03 at 21:02
Regular
Kyz wrote:
> Men can cry, it shows some degree of sensertivity. The only men who
> can't cry are soliders. They're too rugged.

You lie. It only requires you to keep your head on tight. It's scary when it happens, but, if you keep your head on tight, you can get a much better perspective of what is actually happening to you, rather than how screwed up you suddeny feel.

However, Robin is 12 or 13, yes? It is obviously more difficult for him to cope as he is still so young. His 15 year old sister is probably the same, but, depending on how easily her emotions affect her, may still be trying to keep her cool.

The advice I give you, and what someone else gave you I think, is to stay out of out. Find out the whole story but try to stay out of it yourself, it's between your parents, not you, and although you have a right to know what's going on and to knowwhere you fit into this, it's not you that's actually involved. So, like I said, keep away.
Sun 24/08/03 at 19:51
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
At the end of the day, Robin, we can only advise you based on experience or by how we think OUR parents would be like in this situation. It is near impossible for us to be able to help you.
Sun 24/08/03 at 19:44
@xE-M@N wrote:
> very Interesting I've got the solution YOUR A FRIGGIN LOONY YOU NEED
> TO GO SEE 1 OF THOSE HIPY HAPPY JOE'S.

How do you know i dont already see one?
Sun 24/08/03 at 19:41
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
FinalFantasyFanatic is right, the couple next door to me stayed together "for the children", and both kids must be hopelessly scarred by it- they stayed together 5 years and just what went on outside and the shouting was enough to concern the rest of the close, let alone what went on in the house. At one point 6 six police cars came flying into the close and surrounded the house - when you consider this town only has around 8 cars then it gives you an idea of how serious whatever went on that night was, no one ever found out suffice to say the bloke moved out the next day.

I do think others are right on one thing though, Robin, forget about the car/kitchen, because as your predicament proves, money doesn't buy happiness or much else other than items - plus if they do split up then all, subject to how the did the mortgage and whether both of them are employed, that could change.

It's a tough situation and not one I'd like to face, however much you must hate one or both of them for making you face this, you probably know which one you'd want to live with should it come to that.

Only thing I can say is this; no matter how you imagine playing this out, the odds are you won't be right. It's natural to assume the worst, but the worst does not always happen.
Sun 24/08/03 at 18:56
Regular
"Couldn't Give a stu"
very Interesting I've got the solution YOUR A FRIGGIN LOONY YOU NEED TO GO SEE 1 OF THOSE HIPY HAPPY JOE'S.
Sun 24/08/03 at 18:28
"period drama"
If it's gonna happen, then it's probably best to just let it.

The last thing you want is them staying together 'for the sake of the children.' Then your house will be a complete war zone - bad emotions flying all over the place, fights and all.
Everyone'll suffer because of it any no one there will be happy.

You'd rather your parents were both happy away from eachother than together and constanty biatching - bringing everyone down with them, wouldn't you?
Sun 24/08/03 at 17:51
Lil Ginge wrote:

> You are implying that robin is more upset about losing a good car
> then loosing a stable family!

*note, im selling a good car and buying a better one.

But why the hell would we need a huge car if the family aint gunna be together, all good future plans on hold at the moment.

I wish i could kick my dad in the nuts, if he wasnt bigger then me i probably would.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.