GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Serious advice"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 23/08/03 at 22:47
Regular
Please no spam messages.

I had a dream about 3 day ago that my parents split up, in this dream i am crying, really bad.
Ive had the dream like 5 times now.
I was sitting watching tv and my dad just said "I cant take it any more, im sorry Robin but who would you live with"
As a joke i said what a friend, i didnt want to here what he was going to say.
"no me or your mum, i cant live with her any more"
I said i dont know, then just said im gunna watch tv up here.

And if you must know im kinda crying.

Should i talk to my mum, my dad or what?
Should i tell my sister?
Fri 29/08/03 at 23:46
Regular
I cant be bothered reading all that but just tell them that you cant cope with them being like they are and if theres anything going wrong between them, try work it out or something.

If they dont work it out, tell them that you dont want to live with either of them if they arent mature enough to settle a disagreement or whatever it is.

Tell them what youre thinking. No use keeping quiet.

If ive said anything wrong because of not reading everything then ignore it.
Fri 29/08/03 at 23:39
My family were supposed to be going to Norwich today, but things all went a wee bit wrong.

My sister said to me this morning, "I wonder what up with them too, i went into their room this morning and dad was just sitting on the end of the bed with his hands on his head, and mum was just downstairs in the kitchen sitting down"
SO i told her what my dad said the other week, about asking me who i would want to live with, but she just said that can't be it.

SO i ask when we are leaving to go to Norwich, and my mum says that we can't go any more, but she wont say why. But 1 hour later she calls up the stairs and says that we are leaving in 10 minuets.
So i get ready and go down and get into the car, my mum, sister and brother get into the car to. I ask "Where is dad"
"Hes not comming"
"Why"
"Mind your own business"

Then as we are pulling away my dad comes to the door step and looks at us, i ask my mum to stop and ask him to come, so my mum does.
"The kids want to know if you want to come"

"Tell them what you said"

"Are you comming or not?"

"Tell them what you said first, so i don't look like the bad guy"

SO my mum just drives off, leaving him standing there.
He then phone's her mobile, i answer it and he askes to talk to her. but she grabs the phone, say "What" Then hang up and turns her phone off.
This is then when i say "Just tell me why he can't come"
"None of your business"
"God sakes just tell me the reason, i want him to come"

"Fine, i told him that i don't want him to come"

I kinda sat there for a while, then my sisters phone rings, it's my dad, he said that he did want to come, but there was a reason why he didn't, we said we knew the reason. We told my mum that he wants to come, so we phoned him back up and said that we are comming back to get you.
SO we went back, he got in the car, but my mum was still driving.
And it felt weird, there was complete silence for about 20 minuets till we got to the petroll station, but while we were going there i kept looking in the mirror, it looked like my mum was crying, well not crying, but you know when you get a tear running down and your eyed are all red.
We finally got to norwich after an hour or so drive, of absolute silence, my mum and dad did not speak once.
Then most of the time we were there my dad was slagging my mum off in front of me, saying things like "Yer go on tom run into her and knock her over" (Tom is my 7 year old brother)

Then on the way home, silence again, but we stopped of at asda to do a quick food shop, we all went in and after about 5 minuets my mum says shouts at all of us "Stop following me are, go off and do something"
SO then we all went off and left here, then met back at the car.
The rest of the journey home, there was no talking again, the only good thing that happend was when my dad raced this ugly dude, yer we beat his ass.
Got home, and we all had dinner like normal, but still with minimal talk, then we all wanted to watch this film (Big, on sky one), But my dad said no he has seen it, after 5 minuets of my mum saying put it on, she decides just to come on the internet, as she goes upstairs, he puts the film on, then doesnt tell her that he has. (But i did after 10 minuets)

They need to sort something out, this is just stupid.

Sorry for blabbing on, but i just feel better once i have told people.
Tue 26/08/03 at 01:09
Regular
EL ® ö B ì Ñ wrote:
> Just because they are sleeping in different beds, that doesn't mean
> anything, does it?
> My mum's in my brothers room and my dad is in his.

my mum and dad have been sleeping in different rooms for about a year and a half now. My advice is keep your chin up, try not to let it get you down, and trust that your parents will find a solution to their relationship problems soon. Don't try to interfere in any way, as you won't be helping matters, just be supportive when they choose to come to you - be as helpful and co-operative as possible, let them know it is hard on you, but don't allow discussions to break into arguements if you can help it, this won't help anything.

hope things turn out ok anyway.
Tue 26/08/03 at 00:49
Regular
"cachoo"
@xE-M@N wrote:
> THOSE HIPY HAPPY JOE'S.

A what ?!!

Your parents might just need some time and space away from each other for a little while to think or something. But I don't know because I've not been in that situation yet!
Tue 26/08/03 at 00:44
Just because they are sleeping in different beds, that doesn't mean anything, does it?
My mum's in my brothers room and my dad is in his.
Sun 24/08/03 at 22:07
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
EL ® ö B ì Ñ wrote:
> *sniggars*

SNIGGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SNIGGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

*Cries*
Sun 24/08/03 at 22:05
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
Well... I did think of it myself!

*Smiles, and bows*
Sun 24/08/03 at 22:04
J-42 wrote:
> Yeh, madmunn smells funny.

*sniggars*
Sun 24/08/03 at 22:04
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
Yeh, madmunn smells funny.
Sun 24/08/03 at 22:01
Maddmunm, you knew i was 15.
You just wanted to make me seem younger so that you can come back with a smart comment.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.