GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"You're kidding? Right?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Conker Live & Reloaded'.
Thu 23/06/05 at 14:45
Regular
Just read the review of Conker: live and reloaded and I feel like crying.

Apparently, the update on what could be the greatest game of all time, features little, to no update at all. The issues regarding the swimming and slow pace at the start are still there. There are no new sections and in fact some have been removed because they weren't that good in the first place. What happened to improving them Rare?

And apparently the multiplayer too is heavily lacking and that the N64's multiplayer modes were superior.

So what is exactly the point in me getting this game?

Gee RARE, thanks a bunch.
Sat 25/06/05 at 09:26
Regular
"8==="
Balls.
Sat 25/06/05 at 02:00
Regular
Hedfix wrote:
> The single player is a bonus. Rare have given it a graphical overhaul
> but the main emphasis was on the multiplayer.

No excuse for cutting bits out though...

>> And apparently the multiplayer too is heavily lacking and that the
>> N64's multiplayer modes were superior.
>
> Hahahahahahahahahahahaha! Play it and see. This kicks the **** out of
> the N64 multiplayer!

Not sure...
From the IGN review it sounded like it was a bit unbalanced and tried to be too clever for it's own good.
Like how the Sniper Rifle doesn't kill in one (even with a headshot) unless you hunted around for the upgrade first, while bazooka's just kill everything that comes into contact with them.

Sounds like it's got good depth for a complex game but completely sacrificed all pick-up and play elements for a more simple blast here and there. Having said that, Conker 64's multi wasn't really all that... you could tell that the maps had been designed for more than 4 players (although it was fine for The Beach game).

I'll probably read a few more reviews, like the one you recommended...
Edit:Teamxbox said the same thing in a more positive way.
AND all the classic 4 player splitscreen games have been removed. Criminal!
Not that it's not still great, I guess that people were expecting better.
Seems that this generation of consoles wasn't one for Rare's legacy.
Fri 24/06/05 at 23:55
Regular
"Random by default"
Indeed as someone said Perfect Dark 0 and Kameo are the games to judge them on, brand new, i.e. not a remake of the old perfect dark etc.

I've not played it so i shouldnt judge but it seems odd to remove parts from it and stuff...plus i heard the multiplayer has become more complicated? The reason i loved that so much was its simplicity...the kinda easy going multiplayer which takes up too many hours of all our lives!

At the end of the day it was never going to surpass the original, even if they added extra to it, originals always have the new factor and the "memories".

I will still get the Xbox360 even if PD/conker etc isnt up to "rare standard" i bet they are still great games.
Fri 24/06/05 at 23:43
Regular
"8==="
Well tears ARE unlikely to change that, but I take your point. :)
Fri 24/06/05 at 23:29
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Hedfix wrote:
> Perfect Dark's going to kick ass and no Nintendo tears are going to
> change that.

We shall see.
Fri 24/06/05 at 21:02
Regular
"8==="
Oh and more because I'm in the mood:

It takes a good 3/4 years now to make some of the more amazing games. Rare moved consoles and had to start games pretty much again because of the hardware and the benefits of the new console.

Rare have basically skipped a console generation because they haven't had the time and have thrown out a few experiments instead (like on the early 64) - is every Nintendo game perfect? I think not.

Perfect Dark's going to kick ass and no Nintendo tears are going to change that.
Fri 24/06/05 at 20:58
Regular
"8==="
N64 Fan wrote:
> Me thinks Nintendo knew what they were doing.................

Me thinks Nintendo don't know how to do multiplayer anymore.............

and fell behind with online.............
Fri 24/06/05 at 20:57
Regular
"8==="
Was this the whiney IGN review by any chance?

Try the teamxbox one, it explains things much better.
Fri 24/06/05 at 20:55
Regular
"8==="
Dringo wrote:
> Just read the review of Conker: live and reloaded and I feel like
> crying.
>
> Apparently, the update on what could be the greatest game of all
> time, features little, to no update at all. The issues regarding the
> swimming and slow pace at the start are still there. There are no new
> sections and in fact some have been removed because they weren't that
> good in the first place. What happened to improving them Rare?

The single player is a bonus. Rare have given it a graphical overhaul but the main emphasis was on the multiplayer.

>
> And apparently the multiplayer too is heavily lacking and that the
> N64's multiplayer modes were superior.

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha! Play it and see. This kicks the **** out of the N64 multiplayer!

>
> So what is exactly the point in me getting this game?

Hmmmmmm. Excellent multiplayer by Rare.
>
> Gee RARE, thanks a bunch.

Yes thanks Rare, unlike every other developer who's buggered off with their big releases to September you've had the balls to actually give us a great multiplayer game for the summer with loads of in-depth things, ranks, TONS of options to play with, quality levels and a fun atmosphere.

Personally I'm gutted. :)
Fri 24/06/05 at 20:27
Regular
"Divine Davine"
TaMi-Jr wrote:

> r there any plans for banjo kazzoie DS? or did i make that up? i
> think its a good idea if it is. cause rare still published banjo
> pilot for GBA (oh dear) so i don't know if they can still develop for
> DS (all that legality rights confuses me)

No, THQ published the Rareware Game Boy Advance games. And if they were to create anything for the DS, then they would have to go for THQ or someone who is willing to do it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.