GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"You're kidding? Right?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Conker Live & Reloaded'.
Thu 23/06/05 at 14:45
Regular
Just read the review of Conker: live and reloaded and I feel like crying.

Apparently, the update on what could be the greatest game of all time, features little, to no update at all. The issues regarding the swimming and slow pace at the start are still there. There are no new sections and in fact some have been removed because they weren't that good in the first place. What happened to improving them Rare?

And apparently the multiplayer too is heavily lacking and that the N64's multiplayer modes were superior.

So what is exactly the point in me getting this game?

Gee RARE, thanks a bunch.
Sun 26/06/05 at 13:37
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Dringo wrote:
> Hedfix wrote:
> Plus there's flamethrowers and incendary grenades which I thought
> would be right up your barn, er street...
>
> Oh Come On.

'Fix that was bad even for you. :P
Sun 26/06/05 at 12:32
Regular
Banjo Threeie... Better not mess it up like Tooie.

Kazooie was a marvelous game.
Sun 26/06/05 at 11:41
Regular
Would have been nice if Rare had added a few levels to the single player, but as said they really were concentrating on the online section. This being their first online game I'd say they haven't done too bad, but there's definetly room for improvement.

If they mess up Perfect Dark though, I really will think about loosing all faith in them. Might hold out for Banjo Threeie though as I hear Microsoft have recently bought up the rights for the website.
Sun 26/06/05 at 11:26
Regular
Hedfix wrote:
> Fair do's if you've done your research, read more than one review and
> decided it's not your sort of thing. Personally as a game for
> quick-ish fights I'd have thought it'd be your sort of thing. It
> really is an extension of the better game modes found in RTCW, sure
> there isn't any new single player (aside from the offline
> multiplayer) but it's basically the better modes from Conker 64
> redesigned with 16 player matches in mind.

Well I'll grant you, IGN are far from the most reliable. But the single player is why I'd love the game. I'm not as multiplayer frenzy as you. I loved Conker's Bad Fur Day, it is my favourite game ever and I even made a popular website about it. I could get it and steal my brother's x-box. Especially if he gets a 360 at the end of the year.

Oh Come On.
Sat 25/06/05 at 22:14
Regular
"-_-"
Hedfix wrote:

as an annoying yank might say with his hand half cupped over his mouth
"ooooh burn!"

i thought it was ironic:)
and hed that comment was a bit cold :D
Sat 25/06/05 at 19:44
Regular
I have such fond memories of refugees running across beaches..
Sat 25/06/05 at 19:12
Regular
"Random by default"
I think some people taking it all too seriously.
Sat 25/06/05 at 13:07
Regular
"8==="
Fair do's if you've done your research, read more than one review and decided it's not your sort of thing. Personally as a game for quick-ish fights I'd have thought it'd be your sort of thing. It really is an extension of the better game modes found in RTCW, sure there isn't any new single player (aside from the offline multiplayer) but it's basically the better modes from Conker 64 redesigned with 16 player matches in mind.

Plus there's flamethrowers and incendary grenades which I thought would be right up your barn, er street...
Sat 25/06/05 at 11:16
Regular
Well I'm dissapointed all the same.
Sat 25/06/05 at 10:50
Regular
I may have called Rare a little lazy, but that reply was EA standard!
Atleast tell me in what way it was balls! :-P

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.