GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Choices, choices."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 21/08/03 at 15:45
Regular
The people of SR have helped me through some tricky part of my life over the past 11 months but here is my biggest dilema yet. A choice I am relying on your hardened worldly experiences to help judge. It is a "what to get" question.

Ok so here's the scenario, my Dad is chuffed I pretty much aced my exams and as a token of his delight he is splashing out on me. He says I can have a new mobile phone, £100 cash or Sky TV. Now I already have £180 in cash as it is so I dont really need more cash. I have a Nokia 3330 mobile phone but a colour screen polyphonic dude would be pretty sweet. I've never had sky tv but theres some good stuff on it that ive seen at my mates houses, would be nice but might get boring.

I cannot make up my mind so I turn to you, the forums, to solve this mind boggling predicament.
Cheers.
Fri 22/08/03 at 12:54
Regular
"118 118"
I am edging towards Sky tv.... slowly.
Fri 22/08/03 at 11:21
"I love yo... lamp."
I have Sky. It isn't that great. And I have the top of the range package.

I also have a Samsung V200. Now that is great. And gets lots of attention. Either get a coffee maker or a phone.
Fri 22/08/03 at 11:20
"I love yo... lamp."
Cyclone wrote:
> MP3 player, if you like good music.......I seem to remember you don't,
> so don't bother. :D

I bought one 2 weeks ago. It's sooo tiny. I love it. Everyone loves it. Great idea.
Fri 22/08/03 at 11:17
"I love yo... lamp."
Cid Vilante wrote:
> Kyz wrote:
>
> Lol, My pc is in my room.
>
> Im going to by a mini fridge and a microwave and I am all set to
> live
> in my room!
>
> Add a kettle to the list too. Coffee good.

Didn't think anyone as going to mention that there. Phew!
Fri 22/08/03 at 10:59
I have sky, it's great, get it :P

Phones suck.
Fri 22/08/03 at 06:44
Regular
Cyclone wrote:
> My parents don't believe in that. Some kids get, say £50, for
> each A!

Same here. I'm sitting my GCSEs next year, but I'll get a pat on the back and a well done. No mobile phone...
Fri 22/08/03 at 00:24
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I never got anything except praise, for both GCSE and AS. :P

I got a DVD for GCSE, as a 'treat' and a nice dinner for AS. None of this £100 stuff.

My parents don't believe in that. Some kids get, say £50, for each A!
Thu 21/08/03 at 22:54
Regular
"QPR 1974"
Meka Dragon wrote:

> and you had to wrestle the teachers just to be allowed to enter them.

... Times have moved on, this is now called 'rape'.
Thu 21/08/03 at 22:49
Regular
"not dead"
Money for passing exams? Never happened in my day, achievement was enough of a reward.

Of course back then they were hard, and you had to wrestle the teachers just to be allowed to enter them. The exams themselves mostly consisted of topical assault courses.

I'll never forget when I passed my English Lit by pushing a Jane Austin lookalike into the mud trap, and I gave that Johnny Ball more than he bargained for when he tried to geometromise me!!!1!
Thu 21/08/03 at 22:34
Regular
someone dissing the beastie boys?

why I oughtta

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.