GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"high usage limit."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 21/08/03 at 00:20
Regular
For a site that says unlimited bandwith within reason would you assume that 6Gb was out of reason.

My host 10kwebhosting.com has put a cap on my bandwith usage 6Gb its an outrage!

It says unlimited but in small print it says that high usage will result in a limit being set but 6Gb is pretty crap i can go and buy hosts which are cheaper dont pretend to have unlimited and offer 10Gb.

just posting to say if any of you thinking of going with this company with a site that uses lots of bandwith think twice!
Thu 21/08/03 at 00:20
Regular
"www.funrunner.co.uk"
For a site that says unlimited bandwith within reason would you assume that 6Gb was out of reason.

My host 10kwebhosting.com has put a cap on my bandwith usage 6Gb its an outrage!

It says unlimited but in small print it says that high usage will result in a limit being set but 6Gb is pretty crap i can go and buy hosts which are cheaper dont pretend to have unlimited and offer 10Gb.

just posting to say if any of you thinking of going with this company with a site that uses lots of bandwith think twice!
Thu 21/08/03 at 00:35
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
Cheeseman, where can you find 10gb bandwidth a month for £20 a year ?

I'm with 10k also, spoke to them last week and they said I could have 10gb bandwidth a month for £30 a year or 20gb bandwidth a month for £50 a year.

I'm upto 8.6gb already this month and had to take down some downloads to protect my bandwidth, hit 1.3gb one day !

(I paid the extra £50 a year - you won't find cheaper, all unlimited bandwidth people set a limit somewhere)

You get 1gb webspace included in your £20 a year by the way so you can't complain.

Email them if your unhappy, they've always been very hepful towards me :)
Thu 21/08/03 at 00:38
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
Valentino Rossi wrote:

> I'm with 10k also, spoke to them last week and they said I could have
> 10gb bandwidth a month for £30 a year or 20gb bandwidth a month
> for £50 a year.

Thats an extra £30 and £50 respectively, NOT £30 or £50 minus your original £20
Thu 21/08/03 at 13:44
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Surely you shouldn't have to pay for more bandwidth from a company that claims to offer unlimited bandwidth?

I say move to staghosting ;)
Thu 21/08/03 at 14:08
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
They say unlimited but they all set limits in the small print, doesn't worry me, told work my company laptop needed a new battery and got a dodgy invoice for my expenses for £80 :)
Thu 21/08/03 at 14:32
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
I'll email them and moan, because I'm bored.

They're selling it as unlimited and it isn't, in fact, it's far from that. All unlimited packages have limits but this is just pathetic! 6 gig?

Haha!

Ask them for your money back or you'll contact trading standards or something!
Thu 21/08/03 at 14:41
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
It doesn't say in their T&C that it's 6 GB. They just say that you get a high amount each?!?

Calling 6GB unlimited is pretty harsh. Maybe 30gig but 6. That's rubbish.

Let's see what response I get from them. I'll write it formally though.
Thu 21/08/03 at 15:08
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
You know 6gb is quite a lot.
Thu 21/08/03 at 15:15
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Other hosts tell you that you get 10GB of bandwidth with the account when you pay for it. These seem to think that 6GB qualifies as unlimited?

What's to stop me selling hosting and giving away 10meg as unlimited? I can claim that it's a high amount in my T&C like they have done...

They should ban the word unlimited from advertising, because it isn't true. Saying that Freeola had unlimited and there wasn't a problem with them, I don't remember them shutting any sites down...for bandwidth issues! Bob even said that they had a 14 gig site on their servers, (what can you have on a 14 gig site?)

So the main question of the post is:

"Define unlimited"
Thu 21/08/03 at 15:15
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
That's what I thought, look at oneandone.co.uk or 123reg.co.uk and see what they charge and what you get. Hardly anyone does more than 5gb a month and most that do, charge about £25 a month for the service.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.