GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"high usage limit."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 21/08/03 at 00:20
Regular
For a site that says unlimited bandwith within reason would you assume that 6Gb was out of reason.

My host 10kwebhosting.com has put a cap on my bandwith usage 6Gb its an outrage!

It says unlimited but in small print it says that high usage will result in a limit being set but 6Gb is pretty crap i can go and buy hosts which are cheaper dont pretend to have unlimited and offer 10Gb.

just posting to say if any of you thinking of going with this company with a site that uses lots of bandwith think twice!
Fri 22/08/03 at 15:52
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
They probably get like 700gig a month total from the people they get it off.

If you're not happy with them though, tell them that they've conned you into thinking it really WAS unlimited and ask for your money back.

That pixelism will be the same too.
Fri 22/08/03 at 14:59
Regular
"www.funrunner.co.uk"
I didnt notice that. But i have noticed that awstats have gone.

Phi1 i emailed them and they gave me 10Gb but they said if i wanted ten more i would have to hand over some £££.

I probably do use more. My visitors have decreased from 1700 a day to 200 a day because of the summer holidays. and with 200 a day im using 6Gb what am i going to be using on school days.

This stupid host though plain sucks. I am going to keep complaining until they give me more and more and more. I am looking for around 50Gb :-)
Fri 22/08/03 at 14:39
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
cheeseman, on a different subject have you noticed how the bandwidth differs between the initial control panel screen and the stats screen - I use AW Stats but that seems to have disappeared :(, waiting for an email replay ......

For example, mine said 8.6gb on control panel page and 6.8gb roughly on AW Stats page, guess what, waiting for reply as to which figure is correct (it's nothing to do with one stat being out of date before you ask)
Fri 22/08/03 at 14:31
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Hello,

Thank you for your email.

It is not capped at 6GB but we do ask that you use a reasonable limit. How much bandwidth are you planning to use?

Yours,
xxxxxx

------

btw That's 10 gig more than you currently have so that's about 16gig, which will allow you to use your 500+meg a day.

I would have thought you'd use a lot more bandwidth than that though, seeing how popular your site was...

:cs
Fri 22/08/03 at 14:05
Regular
"www.funrunner.co.uk"
I may need it as well.

10Gb of bandwith only allows me 330mb a day
Im currently using 540mb a day
Fri 22/08/03 at 14:04
Regular
"www.funrunner.co.uk"
They are trying to make me pay 25 quid a year extra for 10Gb more. So much for unlimited
Fri 22/08/03 at 14:03
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
I wasn't complaining, I was enquiring as a potential customer.
Fri 22/08/03 at 14:01
Regular
"www.funrunner.co.uk"
they wont reply to me when i complain neither
Fri 22/08/03 at 12:38
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Nope.

Nothing.
Fri 22/08/03 at 11:52
Regular
"www.funrunner.co.uk"
did you get a response phi1?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.