GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Nintendo 64 for sale"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 29/06/05 at 18:36
Regular
I'm pretty sure I am going to sell my N64. With news that the Revolution will be backwards compatible via downloads and the fact I don't actually play my N64 (always a sticking point), I have decided to sell it.

I've got over 40 games... the thing is how much should I sell it for...

And should I sell them all together?
Fri 01/07/05 at 23:58
Regular
"8==="
A masterstroke would be to make the multiplayer of those games playable online.
Fri 01/07/05 at 23:54
Regular
Pilotwings
1080 Snowboarding
Excitebike 64
F Zero X
Wave Race 64
Lylat Wars

I think you'll find there were a few Nintendo developed titles that were quality stuff.

Of course I had to ignore Paper Mario, Super Smash Brothers, Mario Kart 64, Mario 64 and the two Zelda games. But I'm sure you still get the picture.
Fri 01/07/05 at 23:08
Regular
I really enjoyed the use of the stick in the wrestling games, when u had to spin it around loads of times in order to counter or so a special move, was nice because u could use the palm of your hand.
Fri 01/07/05 at 22:25
Regular
"0228"
Rumpadodosnitzle wrote:
> Thats why Dringo should keep his N64 you see....

Yes, he should, there were many great third party games, I agree, and the Nintendo made games are best played with the N64 controller anyway. I just found it hard to see how you could say that first party support on the N64 was poor considering the quality of some of the games.
Fri 01/07/05 at 21:14
Regular
"0228"
Interesting response there. I was quite clearly replying to this:

Rumpadodosnitzle wrote:
> Really N64 was quite crappy first party wise.

Therefore giving the examples of those games is quite understandable. Also, you say all they release are Mario and Zelda games as if it's some sort of crime. OoT, MM, and Mario 64 are widely considered as three of the best games ever made, I don't think too many Nintendo fans are bothered by the quantity considering the quality is so extraordinarily high.
Thu 30/06/05 at 23:05
Regular
Nope they just bought the license, supplied the funding and published the game.

But I meant those two statements seperatly. Sorta. As in Nintendo being the people behind the N64 etc...
Thu 30/06/05 at 22:41
Regular
"8==="
Dringo wrote:
> Yeah but RARE aren't as great as Nintendo.
>
> Although great they are.

Yeah but Nintendo didn't make Goldeneye.
Thu 30/06/05 at 20:43
Regular
AfroJoe wrote:
> *were

Well they may still be.

Just the last 3 home console games have been either slightly dissapointing or utter balls.

And the handheld titles have been so-so.
Thu 30/06/05 at 20:35
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
*were
Thu 30/06/05 at 20:34
Regular
Yeah but RARE aren't as great as Nintendo.

Although great they are.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.