GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Nintendo 64 for sale"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 29/06/05 at 18:36
Regular
I'm pretty sure I am going to sell my N64. With news that the Revolution will be backwards compatible via downloads and the fact I don't actually play my N64 (always a sticking point), I have decided to sell it.

I've got over 40 games... the thing is how much should I sell it for...

And should I sell them all together?
Sun 03/07/05 at 09:07
Regular
"'ahh a nice sweety!"
Strafio wrote:
> But we're talking cloud cuckoo land here.
> I still remember the pre-Gamecube days when I thought Nintendo could
> do anything...

......they liked and thought they could get away with it not caring how much they upset their loyal fanbase and thinking they will remain at the number one spot for eternity!

How things change...........!
Sun 03/07/05 at 00:47
Regular
Dringo wrote:
> Lylat Wars multiplayer sucked balls!

Not at all.
It was a bit light weight with just Arwings in 4 player deathmatches, but the Tanks and "people" added some real depth to it.
Also, if it was spiced up a little - 4 Vs 4 team games, new level designs etc, it would be good.

But we're talking cloud cuckoo land here.
I still remember the pre-Gamecube days when I thought Nintendo could do anything...
Sat 02/07/05 at 12:50
Regular
"'ahh a nice sweety!"
Good decision. Needs a slap if this is ever mentioned again!
Sat 02/07/05 at 12:31
Regular
"bit of a brain"
He's keeping it
Sat 02/07/05 at 12:30
Regular
"'ahh a nice sweety!"
So anyway Dringo, have you decided what you're going to do yet?

Sell it all or keep it all or break it up into several different bits for sale?
Sat 02/07/05 at 12:28
Regular
"'ahh a nice sweety!"
Dringo wrote:
> Pilotwings
> 1080 Snowboarding
> Excitebike 64
> F Zero X
> Wave Race 64
> Lylat Wars
>
> I think you'll find there were a few Nintendo developed titles that
> were quality stuff.

Thank God you didn't have Pokemon on that list of 'quality' Nintendo games! Pilotwings was superb (still gets played in this house, especially the cannon target game - brilliant)
Sat 02/07/05 at 11:53
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
What games have you got then?

:)
Sat 02/07/05 at 11:35
Regular
Nintendo don't really listen to you. They just had no other option with Zelda and online, their sales figures showed them all they need to know.
Sat 02/07/05 at 10:04
Regular
Lylat Wars multiplayer sucked balls!

I doubt it'd be too hard for Nintendo to set up some limited service for the older games.

In fact it sounds like a jolly good idea.

Nintendo won't do it though. Unless we insist they do. Like when we told them to go online and change Zelda.

They'll probably install HD into their system because of the pointless fuss IGN are making over it.
Sat 02/07/05 at 02:44
Regular
I can't imagine Nintendo actually doing it, but a revamped online Lylat Wars multiplayer would have heaps of potential, not to mention 30 car F-Zero races (perhaps they'd re-include the 64DD customisable tracks etc) and proper PD team games.

Ofcourse, it'll never happen...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.