GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Nintendo 64 for sale"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 29/06/05 at 18:36
Regular
I'm pretty sure I am going to sell my N64. With news that the Revolution will be backwards compatible via downloads and the fact I don't actually play my N64 (always a sticking point), I have decided to sell it.

I've got over 40 games... the thing is how much should I sell it for...

And should I sell them all together?
Wed 06/07/05 at 11:38
Regular
I'll grant you Strafio, Wind Waker was unfinished at the end (although only in parts), and the original Pikmin was also far too short.

But Pikmin 2 and Paper Mario 2 are bursting with things to do. There is just so much to both of these games!

As well as the Metroid games.

But Wind Waker and Sunshine did have that Nintendo zing. There was just a little bit of polishing that needed doing in some areas. But play them again, they are easily up there with the N64 greats.

There are great Gamecube games out there. Nintendo have created an issue though of not releasing them well.

Christmas months:- Pikmin 2, Paper Mario 2, Donkey Konga, 1080 Snowboarding, Double Dash, Eternal Darkness, Mario Sunshine, Metroid Prime 2 etc...

Easter months:- Resident Evil 0, Resident Evil 4, Final Fantasty, Harvest Moon, Metal Gear Solid, Metroid Prime.

May:- Wind Waker, Smash Brothers, Pikmin, Donkey Konga 2, Starfox Assault, Pokemon Colleseum and Mario Golf.

Nintendo's big games appear in the months october-December, March and May.

That is 5 months where we see top Nintendo products. Every other time and we see next to nothing bar a Zelda Four Swords or a Jungle Beat or a Wario World or Animal Crossing or something equally less exciting.

This Easter we got RE4 and Mario Tennis. Great games. This Christmas we are getting a full Pokemon RPG and Zelda. Top games. In-between? Nothing. And when we get that nothing we get bored and dissilusioned. We have done for years. Then Christmas comes... all is forgiven.

Nintendo need to start either getting more exclusives or releasing more games and spread them out.

I though this year would be good because it started off with Zelda and Jungle Beat. Not massive games but they were released in the normal "silent months"... but after Resident Evil 4, bar Assault and Konga 2... it is all silent again.

Shame. Are they overstretched supporting 3 systems? Should they not expand?
Wed 06/07/05 at 09:04
Regular
"'ahh a nice sweety!"
Strafio wrote:
> Zelda's Nintendo chance to prove to me they've still got it, that I
> was better off with a Gamecube rather than an Xbox.

Yeh, OK thats a fair enough comment but you have to remember that it doesn't all begin and end with Zelda!

I for one am not a huge Zelda fan by any means but I am still a Nintendo fan and expect something more than just Zelda.

Nintendo need to be not only great but unique as well. Pilotwings 64 for example was, although slated by some, a really great game and should have a next-gen makeover but there are risks and because a game of this genre doesn't usually sell by the bucketload it is unlikely to ever be made which is a shame because we are then just bombarded with the likes of Mario, Zelda and Pokemon all the time (great games in their own right obviously).

And before everyone goes hysterical, I know Nintendo can be unique producing games like Pikmin!
Wed 06/07/05 at 02:33
Regular
Dringo wrote:
> And they only REALLY upset the loyal fan base with the RARE deal.

When it came to dealings? Yeah.
Lack of DVD, internet were small disappointments but easily overcomable.
Thing is, the games:

> Nintendo pleased me greatly with the likes of Metroid Prime, Pikmin,
> Sunshine, Wind Waker, Double Dash and PAper Mario.

All these games pleased me to various degrees (except Paper Mario that I never got onto and Double Dash that I wish I'd never) but none of them did for me what the N64 titles did.
It wasn't JUST because the N64 was the revolutionary time of 3D gaming - Pikmin and Windwaker both had the potential of their previous glories but Nintendo fell short on actually going all the way and finishing the games over.

Metroid Prime was the most complete game we were given - happens to be the title that Nintendo didn't make. If anything, it lacked that "zing" that made Pikmin and Windwaker so special.

Nintendo's problem is that they focused on everything the critics had blessed them for, and forgotten about everything we'd taken for granted.
Having said that, I've not really touched upon the latest generation of Gamecube games.

Zelda's Nintendo chance to prove to me they've still got it, that I was better off with a Gamecube rather than an Xbox.
Tue 05/07/05 at 18:15
Regular
N64 Fan wrote:

> ......they liked and thought they could get away with it not caring
> how much they upset their loyal fanbase and thinking they will remain
> at the number one spot for eternity!
>
>
> How things change...........!

I think you're not totally correct. But I won't get into that.

They are still the most profitable company and are number one in Japan.

And they only REALLY upset the loyal fan base with the RARE deal.

The signed a deal with Capcom, bought out Retro Studio's, expanded into an original game development team, created a series of top games etc...

Nintendo pleased me greatly with the likes of Metroid Prime, Pikmin, Sunshine, Wind Waker, Double Dash and PAper Mario.

The only thing is, with RARE missing that by this stage in the Gamecube's life there is pretty much nothing bar Killer 7.

There maybe a few nice games at the end of this year... but next year? Get a 360.

Nintendo need to keep the third party support it gains. Or REALLY expand.
Tue 05/07/05 at 18:11
Regular
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Nintendo don't really listen to you. They just had no other option
> with Zelda and online, their sales figures showed them all they need
> to know.

Zelda won't do much to Gamecube sales. Nintendo know that.

And Wind Waker sold 1.3 million... only a little bit less than Majora's Mask... a game that came out on a more popular system.

So no, they are doing this because the fans have demanded it.
Tue 05/07/05 at 17:40
Regular
"Shoot-em-up freak"
N64 Fan wrote:
> Yeh true.
> The only decent racers are Burnout and Wave Race oh and ATV 2, one of
> my faves that one.

Burnout 2s much more like it, if I remember correctly, Burnout 1 was really annoying especially when it came to the crash replays in mid race
Sun 03/07/05 at 16:49
Regular
"'ahh a nice sweety!"
Yeh true.
The only decent racers are Burnout and Wave Race oh and ATV 2, one of my faves that one.
Sun 03/07/05 at 15:30
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Double Dash didn't match up in any area.

It was poor in comparison to Mario Kart 64.

It's not even the best racing game on the Gamecube - a console which is pretty much completely devoid of racing games.
Sun 03/07/05 at 15:21
Regular
"Shoot-em-up freak"
Rai wrote:
> Or he could...
>
> Diddy Kong Racing was amazing.

Nah, Mario Kart 64 was way better, with those wicked addictive battles!!
Shame Double Dash didn't match up in the battle industry
Sun 03/07/05 at 15:08
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
Or he could...

Diddy Kong Racing was amazing.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.