GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"How much!?!?......"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 11/08/03 at 16:01
Regular
I am starting to make webpages for companies, and i was wondering if any of you goons know how much i should charge.

Any one know?
Fri 15/08/03 at 10:49
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Chad Niga wrote:
> £60,000 for that??!?!?!
>
> I am looking at the right page arent I ?? because that is a very
> simple page!!
>
> Who ever paid you that must be very dumb or very despirite.
>
> Im not saying its crap, because its good, and excellent you managed
> to get that much money, but they did pay alot!!

It's not a web page, it's a web site.

It looks basic but then what else can be put onto it?

Try clicking some of the links and looking around. There's a search option which would be complicated enough, the layout is presented well and look how when you resize your browser to mimic different resolutions, the whole page is still laid out perfectly. It's easy to make a site but different resolutions can really make things complicated.

There's a lot more work gone into that than you'd think, and considering you'd just owned up to using a Homestead mailer, I think you should hide away before he sees this!

Any idiot can get a copy of Dreamweaver and make a site look presentable but that's the easy bit. You try to make a site that has search aspects to start with. You'll be there a looooooooooong time.

Basic as it may seem, that site has a LOT of stuff to it...
Fri 15/08/03 at 10:50
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Go me.
Fri 15/08/03 at 13:35
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
£60,000, how long did that site take you from stsrt to finish ?
Fri 15/08/03 at 19:04
Regular
"keep your receipt"
OK can someone please tell me how crap this site is I've just made for these people...

www.disillusioned-ones.co.uk
Fri 15/08/03 at 19:40
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
You've failed the resolution test in flying colours. Take into account that 800x600 is still the most popular resolution.

Apart from that it looks nice.
Fri 15/08/03 at 19:47
Regular
"Dr. Chad Niga"
Hey phi11ip, i werent critizising the website, and i acually said that, i like the site, its very professional, all i was saying is that 60,000 is a hell of a lot of money, dont you agree, im not saying he didnt deserve it or the site is crap, i am saying the people paying could of got it for less. Alright??!
Fri 15/08/03 at 20:26
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
The more you go into that site, the more stuff there is!

User logins, search, LOADS of pages...
Fri 15/08/03 at 20:56
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Tyla wrote:
> Oops.. that should be :http://www.history-compass.com/splash/

I like it, I like it a lot.

Easy to navigate, works in the two most popular screen resolutions, isn't too image based, loads fast, all the standard features of a great web site.

Nice work Tyla.

Although, under the 'History Compass Demo', the search results are not looking so hot. It appears as the Styles and images are not being applied, but that could just be because you haven't finished that segment yet.
Sat 16/08/03 at 16:09
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Chad Niga wrote:
> £60,000 for that??!?!?!
>
> I am looking at the right page arent I ?? because that is a very
> simple page!!
>
> Who ever paid you that must be very dumb or very despirite.
>
> Im not saying its crap, because its good, and excellent you managed
> to get that much money, but they did pay alot!!

It took over 3 years to develop, it's the only thing of it's kind in the world. Although to the average jo it's not that amazing, it's the CMS behind it that cost so much and the GUI for content updaters (not front end facing) which took so long to develop
Sat 16/08/03 at 16:11
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Valentino Rossi wrote:
> £60,000, how long did that site take you from stsrt to finish ?

about 3yrs

2 x full time developers
1 x Designer (Me)
1 x Project manager

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.