GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"How much!?!?......"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 11/08/03 at 16:01
Regular
I am starting to make webpages for companies, and i was wondering if any of you goons know how much i should charge.

Any one know?
Tue 12/08/03 at 21:55
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
El ® ö B ì Ñ . wrote:
> http://free.hostdepartment.com/r/robinh/

Urgh.
Tue 12/08/03 at 22:19
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Tyla uses Frontpage!

:cp

The thing is, and I suspect it in this case...

People make a small site and think, "Oh, I've mastered it now, let's start a business."

I find it depressing when I find people selling sites that I could do using Frontpage! Without sounding big headed because I know that it's still terrible, my site is way better than loads of the attempts at sites out there!

I may as well be charging 100k an hour compared to some of the crap that people try...

NOTE: I WON'T SELL SITES BECAUSE I'M CRAP.
Wed 13/08/03 at 17:45
Regular
"Dr. Chad Niga"
Well, my nieghbor asked me to do this for them:

www.premiumpropetyservices.com

Now, i can do better then this, but this is a very small company and doesnt have much to write about, etc.

As i am doing it for my nieghbors they are giveing me a small fee of £50, but if i was making this for a 'proper' company and i didnt know the guy, what do you think i could charge?
Wed 13/08/03 at 17:45
Regular
"Dr. Chad Niga"
Grrr,

www.premiumpropertyservices.com

Spelt it wrong..
Wed 13/08/03 at 17:48
Regular
"Dr. Chad Niga"
And be serious please.
Wed 13/08/03 at 17:51
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
I quite like it as it is!

It depends how good you are.

Are you the kind of person who has just made a site in Frontpage and has though, "I'm a professional, let's make money!"

or do you actually know what you're doing, you've made good sites before and such...

Give us an example of what you can do, that will make things a lot easier.
Wed 13/08/03 at 17:55
Regular
El ® ö B ì Ñ . wrote:
> http://free.hostdepartment.com/r/robinh/

The Free Bus link looks like Free BJ's.
Wed 13/08/03 at 17:58
Regular
"Dr. Chad Niga"
No, i do know what im doing, i despise front page i use dreamweaver, i have currently took my website down and im making a new design.

I can use flash, and could probably make a whole site in it, etc.

So yeh, im not the best around, and i cant make really advanced sites, but i cant easily make a website, and the graphics for it.
Wed 13/08/03 at 18:01
Regular
phi11ip wrote:
> I quite like it as it is!
>
> It depends how good you are.
>
> Are you the kind of person who has just made a site in Frontpage and
> has though, "I'm a professional, let's make money!"

Hmmm, that really annoys me when people do that. I've been teaching myself Web Design (Mainly just HTML and JavaScript) for a year now and recently managed to forget most of it thanks to not being able to afford PERL/MySQL/PHP books. Yet anyone who can afford an expensive program can drag a few pictures around and sell websites for £200+, and £60 for addition pages (people of which I know and annoy me).
Wed 13/08/03 at 18:02
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Hmmmm.

Don't know then.

You say you're good but then so do most of the 'professionals.'

Need to see.

Don't expect more than £250 though unless you're doing something really good.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.